Springbok Horns Cut off

Safari Tom

New member
Joined
Feb 14, 2017
Messages
5
Reaction score
13
Guys:

I just got my first mount back from S Africa. A Springbok.

I opened the crate to find the horns are cut off.

What is up with that? I have an email into the taxidermist and outfitter with no response.

Is this normal? Is there a rule that I don't know about?

I suppose I can get some faux horns

Thoughts?
 
Glad you found them!
 
I have never had my springbuck horns shipped off on all 6 of them. Always on and ready to hang. I am glad they were inn the crate though.
 
10 years from now you can look back and laugh about it. :)
 
I am sure there was a moment of fear and panic. Lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
LOL...I can just see your face on that one. Glad they were there.
 
10 years from now you can look back and laugh about it. :)

When I got my first crate back from SA I had a hornless gemsbok and I panicked for a few, same thing they were wrapped up in the bottom
 
Glad you found them, that could have been a very bad situation to be in....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,212
Members
169,961
Latest member
CassieDoor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top