spot and stalk black bear hunt wanted

Discussion in 'Hunting USA & Canada' started by JamieD, Mar 31, 2012.

1. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
    Just heard the bears are starting to come out up north.
    People are winding up to start baiting, etc.

Just got a huge dump of snow in a spring storm. When it melts there should be some hungry bears running around.

Wish I knew a decent outfitter I could suggest. I'll ask around.

2. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
    Yep, I saw my first piles of bear crap at work a week and a half ago before the big dump of snow. It was still spring back then and it was probably flooded out of its den. Definitely a sign of things to come.

3. iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Australia ( Northern Territory), New Zealand ( both the North and South Island), Namibia, RSA, England, Scotland, Argentina, Canada (Northwest Territories, Quebec, Alberta, Ontario), United States (WA,WI, AR,AZ,CO,NM,WY,NE,TX,OK,KS,SD,LA,MO,IA,IN,IL,KY,MI,OH,PA,NY,MD,NC,FL,AK)
    This site jumped out at me-although I've never used them:

Spring and Fall Bear hunting in Idaho's Selway Wilderness

That end of the road hunt with abundant wildlife to film sounds perfect for you and your wife Jamie. It might be worth a look see and some reference checking. Seven days and two bear seems pretty reasonable for $2600.

4. Macs B

Macs B AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    You might inquire with one of our members, Kelly Ross. He is a Canadian guide and outfitter. I haven't hunted with him myself but have corresponded at length with him regarding hunting in general. I imagine he can put you on the kind of hunt you are looking for, if not he might have a referral for you.

5. enysse

enysse AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I would like to black bear hunting is Ontario too, since it's a short drive from where I currently live. Ontario is very beautiful, the bear hunting can be hit over miss depending on a number of factors. Just ask Skyline. Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia are better bets. Quebec has black bear hunting too...hit and miss action.

I went to Ontario a while back and we picked the wrong year to go, there were blueberries everywhere and bears hardly moved.