SPAIN: Return To Spain

Mi Esposa and I also love Spain.. We've never hunted there though.. the last trip we made we ran with the bulls in pamplona (really sorta trotted with them a couple of different days and enjoyed the festival in between trottings lol).. spent a few days on Majorca soaking up sun and enjoying some island time.. and then wrapped things up with a few days in Barcelona touring all of the typical tourist sites..

We've talked about going back soon (2025 or 2026 maybe?) and hitting Madrid, Seville, and possibly Valencia over maybe a 7-10 day period..

Im seriously liking the idea of putting an additional 2-4 days onto the trip to add in an Ibex.. that would be wonderful..

Congrats on that fine roebuck, and glad you had a great time in Spain.

I plan on going to tha Beceite area for a roebuck soon.

Congrats for your trip good Roe, Merida and Alhambra never disappoint.I'm happy when people love my country. We have amazing food, weather, culture and of course hunt!!! I can't ask for more!
Only one mistake you make,The picture you post with Felipe Ibex is a Gredos not Beceite
Good catch! You are correct! I did not post the Beceite because all of those photos had my colleague in them.

Thanks for sharing your experience and a really nice roe buck. I’ve got two Spain hunts booked for 2025. Will be doing a roe buck hunt in April with Francisco Rosich and then a Pyrenean chamois hunt with Bruno Rosich in October, really excited for both hunts. My wife will be joining me for both trips and we are just starting to explore touring options for the trips.

NOT SURE WHICH I WANT TO DO MORE, HUNT IBEX OR SEE SOME GOOD BULLFIGHTS!
Me too but sadly you can't do both. Bull fighting is in the summer only. I will have to plan another trip!

Heyyyy......Joe my friend......I really enjoy all those great pics, incredible places, and better when you have the chance to combine it whith the hunting.......just great.

Dont forget.....next year We will have to do a good work getting a Big Buff here.....

We start missing you down here my friend.......

Say hello to the wife and son please.....

Congrats for the Spain trip....

See you soon

Thanks for sharing your experience and a really nice roe buck. I’ve got two Spain hunts booked for 2025. Will be doing a roe buck hunt in April with Francisco Rosich and then a Pyrenean chamois hunt with Bruno Rosich in October, really excited for both hunts. My wife will be joining me for both trips and we are just starting to explore touring options for the trips.

That’s awesome!! My fiancé and I will be with Bruno this October going for Pyrenean chamois, red stag and maybe roebuck if a permit is still available. We will then travel by train down to Seville for touring. We can’t wait!!

@whitetail, hope you write up a trip report of your hunt with Bruno and what touring you did and thought of it. I will be doing your hunt 1 year later

I congratulate hole heartedly! Fantastic trip, and great buck!

Heyyyy......Joe my friend......I really enjoy all those great pics, incredible places, and better when you have the chance to combine it whith the hunting.......just great.

Dont forget.....next year We will have to do a good work getting a Big Buff here.....

We start missing you down here my friend.......

Say hello to the wife and son please.....

Congrats for the Spain trip....

See you soon
I am scheduled for 2026 my friend, not 25. I'll send a reminder to Manuel. But really looking forward to it!

I am scheduled for 2026 my friend, not 25. I'll send a reminder to Manuel. But really looking forward to it!
Ok Joe.......no problem....just We have to wait a little bit longer.....

We stay in touch...

Me too but sadly you can't do both. Bull fighting is in the summer only. I will have to plan another trip!
We did both right at a year ago! Go in May, get a professional local tour company to line up your bull fight tickets but also be sure to see the dancing horses and a Flamenco show. Definitely take your wife with:)

Last edited:
Congratulations Joe on a great roe buck and another fantastic trip. Spain was a real favorite of ours :)

Another hunt/travel report that continues to keep us all entertained Joe. Congratulations on all the good reporting you do. I continue to look forward to that hard back book you publish in the future.

Congrats and thanks for sharing! This is on my list!

We did both right at a year ago! Go in May, get a professional local tour company to line up your bull fight tickets but also be sure to see the dancing horses and a Flamenco show. Definitely take your wife with:)
Thanks Bob. We depart just after Thanksgiving. I'll be after the Ibex Slam. We will have to make another trip to see the bull fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Necelvma

Latest profile posts

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!