Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
So, do you think there is an election coming in South Africa??

South Africa's ANC to change constitution to allow seizing land

South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced plans to change the country's constitution so farmlands can be seized without compensation. White farmers still own far more land than the black majority.

The ruling party in South Africa, African National Congress (ANC), will submit a proposal to amend the country's constitution to help push through its land reform, the country's President Cyril Ramaphosa told the nation on Tuesday.

The controversial reform would allow the government to take land from white farmers without paying for it.

"It has become patently clear that our people want the constitution to be more explicit about expropriation of land without compensation," Ramaphosa said in a televised address.

"The ANC will, through the parliamentary process, finalize a proposed amendment to the constitution that outlines more clearly the conditions under which expropriation of land without compensation can be effected," he added.

No 'land invasion'

Almost one-third of the arable land on South Africa is privately owned, and white farmers own 72 percent of it, compared to only 4 percent from the majority black population. The discrepancy stems from the apartheid era, which ended in 1994.

Last year, South Africa's then-president Jacob Zuma publically endorsed the idea of seizing land, previously floated by the leftist Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) party. Zuma said that the reform would be conducted "within the law, within the constitution" but only where is "necessary and unavoidable."

Zuma's successor Ramaphosa reportedly opposed the idea at first, but changed course as the country was moving closer to the election set for next year. Still, he sought to temper fears of a state-sanctioned land-grab, saying that the state would focus on parcels that are not being used.

"We will not allow land invasion because it is illegal," he said in March.

EFF needed to vote for reform

Also, the parliament has set up a committee to determine whether the measure warrants a constitutional change, which is due to present their findings by the end of August.

During his Thursday address, Ramaphosa said the reform would "unlock economic growth by bringing more land in South Africa to full use" and let millions more contribute to the nation's economy.

The ANC does not have enough lawmakers in the parliament to amend the constitution on its own, but the support from EFF would allow it to pass the two-thirds threshold.

Attachments

• 43478400_303.jpg
    43478400_303.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 385
Last edited by a moderator:
Almost one-third of the arable land on South Africa is privately owned

Why is land theft necessary if only 33% is privately owned? Maybe try starting with the other 66%... And before people start talking about national parks, 66% of RSA is not designated as national parks.

More bad news for South Africans unfortunately.

Why is land theft necessary if only 33% is privately owned? Maybe try starting with the other 66%... And before people start talking about national parks, 66% of RSA is not designated as national parks.

More bad news for South Africans unfortunately.

Agree 100%

I know that it isn’t politically correct to say so but everything that indigenous blacks touch turns to crap.

I can’t imagine the chaos that this will cause for RSA and even the entire continent.

RSA is too big and important to fail without serious repercussions

Did they happen to notice how that idea worked out for Zimbabwe??

It worked out perfectly for a few. Just ask Grace and Bob. They have lived quite well

Well Southern Africa can’t feed the populace well now. So if they pull this crap off get ready for the cries for help with feeding the poor....because there isn’t any food being produced.

5A28D24E-D24F-4573-9F43-9C2E40AA7EAB.jpeg
7AE8C7A3-2531-4FE2-9CEA-530728AF890F.jpeg

Do these guys look like farmers? Think they can project how much seed to buy, when to plant, when to irrigate......???? Oh and save some money for seed next year.....not in their wildest dreams!

Well Southern Africa can’t feed the populace well now. So if they pull this crap off get ready for the cries for help with feeding the poor....because there isn’t any food being produced.

View attachment 241109 View attachment 241108

Do these guys look like farmers? Think they can project how much seed to buy, when to plant, when to irrigate......???? Oh and save some money for seed next year.....not in their wildest dreams!

Hey now, that's not fair. The elephant looks like a pretty sharp fellow!

Seriously though, I think they would go much further with increased agricultural education than they ever will with this blatant theft. Sadly an educated population is not what their leaders want.

This won’t go far without massive sanctions from other trade countries

Hopefully no land is seized! RSA has made great strides in wildlife management, seizures could turn the clock back and set the economy in a downward spiral.

"We will not allow land invasion, because it is illegal" said the RSA President. Then they will simply change the law. Even easier than changing the constitution. RSA is falling into an abyss, from which there is no escape. Fortunately, once the country has bottomed out, they can still obtain asylum in the USA with free vetting at the border, free health care, and TANF (temporary cash assistance for the needy), and if they claim domestic abuse, they are eligible to share in Social Security Retirement here. So nice. Historically, only people of color have been accepted to the USA from Africa, but maybe we will change....treat everyone equally some day....who knows.....FWB

Did they happen to notice how that idea worked out for Zimbabwe??

During a session held this week in Cape Town's Goodwood suburb one woman representing the South African Homeless People's Association said: "Twenty-four years of liberal democracy [has] increased poverty.
"The masses are worse off because of the willing-buyer-willing-seller principle."

Another person who gave testimony said: "We are going to take the land, even if it means we're going back to the dark ages. This country must be African. We are African."

I am glad I went there when I did, because I can see the RSA falling apart and safety concerns becoming even worse. I wonder how the hunting will be in the Republic of the Western Cape?

And take over the closed mines. I guess they are not counting on western investment, only western charity.

My ol' man was pretty smart. He said some people have to sit in their own shit to learn a lesson. So maybe RSA will have to sit in their own shit instead of Zimbabwe's.

Pretty difficult to continue pursuing to hunt africa with this going on. Especially for a first timer

Pretty difficult to continue pursuing to hunt africa with this going on. Especially for a first timer

Granted there are some countries and areas to steer clear of but it's not as bad as the press makes it out to be. They're in the business of trumpeting worst case scenarios, doom and gloom.

Granted there are some countries and areas to steer clear of but it's not as bad as the press makes it out to be. They're in the business of trumpeting worst case scenarios, doom and gloom.
I hear you. I suppose there is a lot of poppycock and propaganda. I was told recently that if they actually go after lands it would be ones under tax liens and whatnot .

Either way it’s unsettling. I’ve actually shifted when I want to hunt africa up a year and even at that, I don’t know what’s in store now

Gentlemen, it is just a matter of time. It will take a few years to happen, but when it does, it will snowball, and probably destroy what the hunting industry has managed to build.
The demographics are stacked against the land owners. In talking to those whom we hunted with in May, they were hopeful, but still a little nervous. I just don't see how it can be stopped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.