SOUTH AFRICA: MOZAMBIQUE: Off To Southern Africa With KMG & TMS & PPS

Nice! Stalking in the thick stuff for Bushbuck sounds exciting!

It is an absolute blast!
My heart was racing so many times during this week that I was just floored. It is addicting.

Imagine being within 5 yards of an animal that has the guts to just freeze and let you walk by and then silently sneak away and leave you wondering where they went.
Something that looks through the bush and sees anything out of place and just freezes and stares at you through the bush and is more than willing to out wait you.
I should have taken a recording device to record all the barks I got to hear up close and personal.

Last edited:
Wayne, they are very addictive, in my three trips to the EC I have spent more time chasing Bushbuck than anything else, glad you had a great hunt and good luck with the rest of your trip!

Kicking myself, I never got to at least say "howzit!" On your way through the EC. Looks like you having a great time though Wayne.
Enjoy it and thanks for the updates.
Great Bushbuck ram that.

Great pictures already Wayne! Just got back and want to go again!

Thanks for keeping us updated!

I just got to experience “load shedding”
Sitting in a strange place all alone watching TV when out of the blue, or is it black, every light goes out.
Pitch dark, no street lights, nothing. It was as dark as the inside of a cow. (Like the Frankfurt shot I shared from last trip)

Zero notice, at least to me. If you know it is coming that is one thing, but zero notice. Yeesh.

You know that old Scout adage about being prepared. Well, thankfully, I was armed with my trusty iPhone and I started the search for the computer and the real light source.
You know the one you use to get out of the bush after dark when your PH keeps you out playing until well after the street lights should have come on and you were supposed to be home.

Eventually, find my trusty head lamp and read for the duration of the "load shedding" experience.
How bizarre.
Whoever thought this little "solution" up should be shot. (Just a suggestion)

It’s over now but quite unnerving when it arrives without any notice. Although I did kind of know about the concept. Being part of the fun is a little different though.

It reminded me of a comment one the folks shared yesterday. ESCOM has to be the most backward thinking companies in the world: "They are the only Company in the world that does not want you to use their service."

You have to be able to joke about it, or you would cry.

When you have one of these travel moments you have to be very thankful for the "first world" problems we experience and complain about.

Don't worry Brickburn, you will have plenty of load shedding in Mozambique, but when you hear me shout Alberto..."generator" down your drink and run for your bed...I am Mr ESKOM...well at least in camp..

I expect that power outage.

Wayne, small world. I was on the phone with Marius and he says load shedding coming up in a bit ... At least i knew what it was as i had experienced it this past summer ... Quite agree on the shooting part!

Being an observant fella I managed to get a picture of a set of tracks and put my thumb in there for some perspective.

I am facing north and the important track is heading South east. Just visible, having flattened the rain disturbed sand from the evening before. Truthfully, if it had not been pointed out to me I would have walked by without even noticing. I am so used to tracking cloven hoofed critters that leave deep tracks.

P1000482.jpg

I followed along on some other fellas hunt and acted as "Assistant PH" ;) and chief camera guy. It is pretty great to see just how excited a hunter gets when they are in hot pursuit of a critter. (By the way, please remember your gun safety when walking behind the poor PH o_O)

At the end of the Rainbow:
IMG_8067.jpg

This trip has turned into a total wing it and see where you go affair.

Found a nice spot to hang by the Ocean and watch some waves.

IMG_8131.jpg

Great that you got to hunt that Old Bushbuck on his terms Brickburn,you do understand that hunting them that way becomes addictive? Well done(y)

What a fantastic journey so far, and thanks for sharing. Where abouts are you on your ramblings?

Here kitty kitty kitty. Beautiful. I'm sure the hunter was delighted. Bruce

What a fantastic journey so far, and thanks for sharing. Where abouts are you on your ramblings?

Bouncing around the Eastern Cape like a rubber ball. Literally.
1800Km on the trip odometer so far.

Looks like a lot of fun so far. Keep the reports coming! What kind of Kitty was that up the tree?

Looks like a lot of fun so far. Keep the reports coming! What kind of Kitty was that up the tree?
Looks like a nice caracal!

380km drive to camp, will feel like 3800km .....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!