SOUTH AFRICA: Just Got Home From First Safari With Numzaan Safaris!

Thanks for the report and congratulations!

Great that you plan for your dad to join you. He is still young :). I had my dad coming down last year and he loved it. He was 77 then.

Thanks for sharing.

//Gus

Congrats, seems like you guys had a great time.

Congrats and thanks for the report.

Glad you enjoyed your first trip. That next one sounds like a trip of a lifetime for you and your dad.
Congrats

Here is a recap of the Impala I shot, as well as the one my buddy took. 2nd day of hunting we went to another property to chase impala rams. We drove a good distance through this property seeing lots of female Impala, but no good shooter rams. Finally came across a fence and saw an old Impala ram fighting a younger one through the fence, oblivious to the truck or us. We watched for a bit and decided he was a good one to take, so lined up sights and with one clean shot from 300 Win Mag with compressor on it, he fell at 35 yards. The younger ram stood on the other side of the fence, almost as if he thought he won the fight and took the old guy down. We drove up and young ram finally went 50 yards before stopping to watch us take photos with my big guy and load him in truck.

2nd Impala of the day was spotted in a herd a ways off, so our PH, my best friend Bowman, and I stalked through the bush to get within 65 yards. This took at least 20 minutes going brush to brush trying to get clean shot for Bowman since it would only be his 2nd animal ever hunted. Finally got a nice spot set up and on the herd, picked out a nice ram, and with one shot Bowman dropped his ram. We got over to inspect and would have taken photos right there, but the South African rain came in and we loaded up quickly and headed back to camp to take photos instead. All of this occurred before 10am on day 2 of safari, with my first African trophy in the salt and Bowman's 2nd animal. We spent the rest of that day at the lodge watching it rain heavily and enjoying hearing the other hunters stories with fire going and beverages flowing.

View attachment 223021 View attachment 223022 View attachment 223023

Interesting.

Congrats. Glad you enjoyed your first Safari.

Great to hear your detailed account of your first safari. I am mentally taking notes of your report as I plan my son’s first African safari in June. Your attention to details other than the kill gives a great sense your days in Africa. I too want to hear about Qatar Air as we are flying with them too. No concerns, but always nice to hear first hand experiences. Congrats on a great trip.

Congrats on your successful first hunt in Africa.
Great story and some nice fotos.

Congrats on your first African safari. Your writeups made good reading. Hopefully they'll entice some of our fence sitters in to making the leap. Am looking forward on your Qatar report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaylonSumm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH