SOUTH AFRICA: Just Got Back From 24 Days In Africa

Congratulations! You got some awesome animals. That bushbuck is amazing!

Sounds like an amzing trip

Congrats for a great hunt, and thanks for sharing !

Wife has most of the pics— including her- much bigger tiger fish and footage of the Vundu I caught. I will ask her when she gets back from her frontal assault of the pigs that have taken over a couple of feeders here at home. Not sure why some pics upside down. I hooked many many tiger fish while we were there and only landed 4 — all small — lost a couple of big ones — well relatively — prob in the 5-6kg range nothing huge as it was still just th beginning of the season.
Moringa Bay is a very cool place — food was excellent, boats were very nice — We had tackle so I didnt see theirs to know what it is and if its good— Tiger fishing is contrary to any fishing I have ever done — as soon as you get one of these violent strikes — you plunge the rod into the water and reel and try and set the hook till the fish is near the boat— then do figure 8’s till they are tired and you can net them. Its not the standard bass fishing or offshore fishing strike and set the hook and keep the tip up kinda deal. These fish are hard to hook — hit like a Mack truck every time and are nuts when they feel the hook — most jump off quickly.
Oh and as a side note— Cahora bassa is not a place you want to swim or water ski — the week before we got there a woman was taken off the bank while washing laundry by a croc - the guide shared the is a very common occurance. On a brighter note —. The hippos here are much more chilled out than in the Zambezi or Chobe where I have fished before — in fact- our pattern was to look for hippos and fish rock piles near them. Only once in a dozen groups did we see any exhibitions of teeth or the warning calls — guides say its due to the fact they have tons of room and very little traffic. We did see some XL size thunder lizards cruising the coves though. They we very wary of us — unless they were sunning —

IMG_5471.jpeg
IMG_0025.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88bvnme

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.