SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Aloeafrica? Plus Some Newbie Questions

Sorry to hear that! Good to know they’re good guys though. Several people have spoken highly of him. And thanks for the alternative outfitter suggestion as well!

Thanks Adam. I’m after a hard hunt, lasts far longer in the memory. They’re great animals!

My main bucket list is kudu, nyala, springbok and impala. Probably add on one other either a wildebeest or zebra. Head says wildebeest euro mount to keep costs down, heart says zebra for something fairly iconic,(but I’d probably want a pedestal over a rug).

I didn’t realize the kudu were smaller,(not necessarily a problem). I assume smaller antlers to match the smaller body size?
If Kudu and Nyala are on the top of your list, you are in the right spot. If I were you though, I would really look at adding a big Eland bull. All 3 are part of the Tragelaphini tribe of animals. And the area has some absolute monsters.

I too would and have chosen zebra over a wildebeest, as they make some beautiful flat skin rugs (with the head and mane).

As for the kudu, they are not necessarily smaller. It depends on the rather specific area you hunt and possibly take them. But no, Antler size is still the same and this area averages very high. I'd say just below 50inch, going to low to mid 50s (which is a hell of a kudu) very commonly.

I am trying to attach a photo of an eland I just took but it keeps not letting me. If they attach, I hope I can persuade you into that eland, because they truly make a heck of a trophy.

IMG_20230801_185308_056.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Plenty of Kudu, Nyala and Eland. Elands what we want next time!
There are quite a few youtube videos of hunting with\at Aloe Africa if you look.

745D6AB9-85B9-48CD-AEC7-84E6339E497A.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If Kudu and Nyala are on the top of your list, you are in the right spot. If I were you though, I would really look at adding a big Eland bull. All 3 are part of the Tragelaphini tribe of animals. And the area has some absolute monsters.

I too would and have chosen zebra over a wildebeest, as they make some beautiful flat skin rugs (with the head and mane).

As for the kudu, they are not necessarily smaller. It depends on the rather specific area you hunt and possibly take them. But no, Antler size is still the same and this area averages very high. I'd say just below 50inch, going to low to mid 50s (which is a hell of a kudu) very commonly.

I am trying to attach a photo of an eland I
just took but it keeps not letting me. If they attach, I hope I can persuade you into that eland, because they truly make a heck of a trophy.

That’s a cracker. It basically comes down to finance and space. I’m not in that ‘forever’ house at the moment and it’s a juggle as it is. I dont think I could afford an eland on top of 2 biggies like kudu and nyala. But then for the same money, you could hunt a wildebeest and warthog etc.

Gives you an excuse to go back though!
Plenty of Kudu, Nyala and Eland. Elands what we want next time!
There are quite a few youtube videos of hunting with\at Aloe Africa if you look.

Sounds great!

I did manage to find one kudu hunting video. Was quite interesting hunting in the summer when the males were grouped up.

That’s a cracker. It basically comes down to finance and space. I’m not in that ‘forever’ house at the moment and it’s a juggle as it is. I dont think I could afford an eland on top of 2 biggies like kudu and nyala. But then for the same money, you could hunt a wildebeest and warthog etc.

Gives you an excuse to go back though!

Sounds great!

I did manage to find one kudu hunting video. Was quite interesting hunting in the summer when the males were grouped up.
Look up mutambo films they had a series hunting the grey ghost days 1 to 5 some of them filmed at Aloeafrica

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydiaBenit

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!