Son's first African hunt advice

Good luck on your hunt! We vacationed in RSA last year and are going back for a 7 day safari with KMG this June. In addition to passports, you'll need to bring your son's birth certificate (original, not a copy). If his mother isn't also traveling with you, you'll need a notarized letter from her stating that she gives permission for the child to enter and leave RSA. If you have a blended family or otherwise complicated situation, the paperwork requirements expand. Call the nearest RSA consulate for the most recent requirements (assuming you're headed to RSA and not somewhere else in Africa).

Many thanks guys. Agreed on all that's been said here. At this point it's about him and passing along family tradition and tribal knowledge on hunting, fishing, camping, the outdoors etc. Not even concerned about shooting anything myself. (Well, maybe a buffalo if we settle on a price. Still being discussed.) Luckily I've become friends with a great PH who will be wonderful with kids. I learned many years
ago to let the PH do his thing and follow his instruction. My son has been shooting a 6.5 Creedmoor for the last 2 years without any issues. Good to about 100-125 yds now on steel targets from the ASC sticks and 150-175 when kneeling braced. Fortunately we live about 20 min from the range in FL so it's easy to practice weekly.

Anyone run into any issues regarding travel with a minor and documents? Passport is in hand already. I've read a couple things on travel blogs about additional proof possibly being required to prove you're the parent etc? Nothing detailed that I could find though. Assume that's all about trafficking.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,316
Messages
1,572,704
Members
169,605
Latest member
ArthurGag
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top