Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
I like the 4.5-14 too, you can leave it down at 4.5 for close range and turn it up for long shots.

first safari

AH member
Reaction score
I like the 4.5-14 too, you can leave it down at 4.5 for close range and turn it up for long shots.
that's just what I am thinking.......I was actually on line looking at them. We have a couple store about an hour away and my plan is to run over and take a look. Those guys will let you take them outside the store (with supervision) and trial them on something that's 3-400 yards distant. That ought to give me an idea of the difference between my 3-9 X40. I just notice that when I have clear definition of my target......I can focus on just that one spot I want the round to hit as I squeeze the trigger. Its no longer "a guestimate". Hasn't happened yet, but theres nothing I'd hate worse than leaving a wounded animal in the field.

Thanks to everyone that's chipping in on my inquiry.
I'm going to post a short narrative and photos of my RSA hut I just came back from last week......I learned sooooo much from the posts on this website in the year prior to my hunt that I knew lots of things that others there who had safari'ed several times did not. OR at least I gained a lot of knowledge about what I was going to experience and so when we were in the field, nothing came as a complete surprise to me. Can't say THANKS to the regular AH Ambassadors and regular posters who contributed years of knowledge for the "newbies" to learn from.

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
I also like 40mm versus 50 mm because you can mount the scope lower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svetlanabts

Latest profile posts

raamw wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Can you advise me to properly post pix, sometimes I get it right sometimes not
Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.
Al Burke wrote on Milan's profile.
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.
Al
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation