Some questions on a plains game rifle

I like the 4.5-14 too, you can leave it down at 4.5 for close range and turn it up for long shots.

I like the 4.5-14 too, you can leave it down at 4.5 for close range and turn it up for long shots.
that's just what I am thinking.......I was actually on line looking at them. We have a couple store about an hour away and my plan is to run over and take a look. Those guys will let you take them outside the store (with supervision) and trial them on something that's 3-400 yards distant. That ought to give me an idea of the difference between my 3-9 X40. I just notice that when I have clear definition of my target......I can focus on just that one spot I want the round to hit as I squeeze the trigger. Its no longer "a guestimate". Hasn't happened yet, but theres nothing I'd hate worse than leaving a wounded animal in the field.

Thanks to everyone that's chipping in on my inquiry.
I'm going to post a short narrative and photos of my RSA hut I just came back from last week......I learned sooooo much from the posts on this website in the year prior to my hunt that I knew lots of things that others there who had safari'ed several times did not. OR at least I gained a lot of knowledge about what I was going to experience and so when we were in the field, nothing came as a complete surprise to me. Can't say THANKS to the regular AH Ambassadors and regular posters who contributed years of knowledge for the "newbies" to learn from.

I also like 40mm versus 50 mm because you can mount the scope lower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross