Soldering question....

9.3x62.
I'm going to put some light-ish load together tomorrow to get a rough zero & barrel break in, plus some for load testing & i should be hitting the range on Wednesday.

I have to say, i am NOT looking forward to shooting this from a bench! My 9x57 Mauser with 250s at 2100fps is bad enough. I'm just going to assume this will hurt like hell with 286s at (hopefully) 2400!
@robtattoo
Don't worry about breaking in the barrel, just shoot it and have fun. I've never run a barrel in in my life. To me it's a waste of effort. Just clean it after the first few range sessions and when you have developed the load you want clean when accuracy falls off. Even tho you aren't cleaning the barrel all the time it still need protection from rust. Run an oil patch thru after every use and patch out before each use.
Bob
 
@robtattoo
Don't worry about breaking in the barrel, just shoot it and have fun. I've never run a barrel in in my life. To me it's a waste of effort. Just clean it after the first few range sessions and when you have developed the load you want clean when accuracy falls off. Even tho you aren't cleaning the barrel all the time it still need protection from rust. Run an oil patch thru after every use and patch out before each use.
Bob
When i say break in, i guess i meant get some fouling in it. I agree about break ins. Total waste of time & powder. I'll be honest, the only time I've run a patch down the bore of a centerfire is to get rid of the initial copper buildup on rebores.
Other than that, or getting physically muddy or dusty, i never clean mine at all!
I would say that 90+% of my guns have gone from unshot, to load worked up & ready to hunt within 40 shots.
 
The 9.3's recoil is not horrible, (except maybe to me). But get off the bench and onto shooting sticks as soon as you can. Makes a big difference.
 
The 'H' is Hornady 286
The 'P' is Prvi 285.

The Hornady seemed to do best at 63.5g of Big Game, the Prvis at 64.

I have zero idea on velocity, but with that kind of accuracy at 100yds, from a brand new barrel with (at that point 22 rounds thru it) i really don't care too much!
20220914_124337.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,293
Messages
1,571,856
Members
169,445
Latest member
999bethostv
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top