Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
With everything going on here in the states and around the globe one can only take so much doom and gloom. So this past Thursday I came up with a last minute plan for the Mrs and I to get away from our local population within Tennessee and take a drive down to Alabama for a couple days of bass fishing.
With gear loaded and a cooler of food, we were set for a quick trip to hopefully bend a rod.

I lined up for us to stay on a Plantation estate built in 1836. During the Civil War the Officiers used the house to sleep, store food and ammunition, while tents filled the space outside of this working cotton plantation.
We were left to ourselves to come and go so next to no interaction with anyone during the entire trip.

0630 Sat morning we launched the boat and had our first bass on around 7ish. All the females where coming off their beds and into post spawn. Jerk baits seemed to be the
"go to" lure for that day.
We ended up with 42 on Sat. Nothing huge but mostly 2-4lbers.
Sunday we fished till 11, lack of wind hurt us a bit but did get 25.
All in all the trip did exactly what it was suppose to do. Recalibrate, refocus and recharge us for the upcoming months.
As @BeeMaa so accurately defined the trip, Social Distancing by water and it fits perfectly.

16014.jpeg
16015.jpeg
16010.jpeg
15768.jpeg
15846.jpeg

Like the solution.
Congrats on some nice fish.

Redneck solutions alway prevail (okay, not ALWAYS). Its actually a phenomenal idea. Brought to up to my Mrs. and son, they're both up for it. Not traveling to another state, just a boat ride on the Meremac river and maybe do a little fishing/drinking. Might even camp over at my grandmother's place. Thanks for the inspiration, doom and gloom sucks.

Very nice!!!!! (y)(y)(y)

Well done!!

Dude. You married out of your zip code. And she can out fish ya? Whaaaaat?
I was gonna say that the best one you landed was already in the boat. ;)
BTW fellas, she shoots as well (if not better) than she fishes!
Gives new meaning to "keeping your distance".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg