Snakes!

Here's a small Horned Adder we came across just last week. My PH nearly stepped on it!
1539079995984_0_DSC_0475.jpeg
 
No snakes here ... just turtles.
20181008_132215.jpeg
 
Black Mamba
16299083_1073328506110654_7554625861947461110_n.jpg
 
44474675_722105698141142_5219962939271806976_n.png
 
From my Argentina hunt earlier this year. Ended up seeing 4 snakes and almost stepping on 3. Not sure why I kept bumping into them! The guide stepping right between these 2!

IMG_0638.JPG
 
?
43951888_2323137257699669_984316992829784064_n.jpg
 
A Black Mamba taking a short cut over a sleeping lion....!!
FB_IMG_1543249248216.jpg
 
51057065_2280649648626024_6911136303828434944_n.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 51057065_2280649648626024_6911136303828434944_n.jpg
    51057065_2280649648626024_6911136303828434944_n.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 279
Sunshine Coast snake catcher Richie Gilbert received a frantic call earlier this week from a Buderim mum who explained her son was stuck inside the family shed less than 2m away from an eastern brown.

Via Facebook, Mr Gilbert filmed the tricky process, explaining the man had been watching the massive snake when it moved towards him and blocked him in the shed.

“He can’t get out without going past the snake,” Mr Gilbert said.

cb171169a4024a7388b99f4c9f06a056
 

Attachments

  • cb171169a4024a7388b99f4c9f06a056.jpg
    cb171169a4024a7388b99f4c9f06a056.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 293
I had no idea a snake would eat a snake. Neat. Thanks for posting.

That's actually why king cobras and king snakes are called "king" - they are the kings of their domains because they eat other snakes as a large part of their diet.
 
Here are a few from my excursions down in Arizona while hunting.

xrrBsDH.jpg


YMLwJjk.jpg


AVlEVJ4.jpg


And don't forget to look up as you are walking under trees

pQ6BWTn.jpg
 

Attachments

  • AVlEVJ4.jpg
    AVlEVJ4.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 331
  • pQ6BWTn.jpg
    pQ6BWTn.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 294
  • xrrBsDH.jpg
    xrrBsDH.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 323
  • YMLwJjk.jpg
    YMLwJjk.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 304
Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few from my excursions down in Arizona while hunting.

xrrBsDH.jpg


YMLwJjk.jpg


AVlEVJ4.jpg


And don't forget to look up as you are walking under trees

pQ6BWTn.jpg

I’ve had just vizited Arizona in early December. Now I’m supper happy it was cool and have not seen any snakes. Next time I’ll go, it won’t be in December or January just by sheer luck. I’ll plan ahead more wisely thanks to this nightmarishly photos.
 
These pictures were taken in the first couple of weeks of February when I was down there hunting javelina.

I walked into the den site while tracking a javelina and saw a real nice diamond back that I thought about shooting when I noticed the den. That was 14 years ago. We still go into the den site to take pictures of them along with taking others that want to see a den.

During the warmer years they might be quite a ways out of the den and you do have to be quite careful of where you walk but since it is fairly open it is no problem. Then the colder years you might catch them on the edge of the den or off to the side or it might even look abandoned.

The year that I took the picture of the mess of them we counted over 30 rattlers in and around the den itself.

I'll be back down there next week.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,295
Messages
1,571,975
Members
169,470
Latest member
BrennaY190
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top