Snakes!

Mole Snake (Pseudaspis cana) - male
, Gauteng.
This snake has no venom.

326226677_3407986309445450_6264419810881931082_n.jpg
Pseudoaspis-cana_Mole_Snake_Tyrone_Ping_2021-1024x683.jpg
mol.jpg
 
Last edited:
Venomous.
Adder (Bitis peringueyi)
Bitis peringueyi, also known as the Peringuey's adder,
Peringuey's desert adder or desert sidewinding adder,
is a venomous viper species found in Namibia

323893075_1332503023985470_4590719528077199382_n.jpg
Peringuey_Adder_4_web.jpg

440px-Namibian_Sidewinder_Bitis_peringueyi.jpg


download.png
 
Puff Adder
Highly venomous.


download.png


It is a heavy-bodied snake that relies on its excellent camouflage and is reluctant to move.
Much of its life is spent in camouflage mode...

IMG_3841.jpg

1675575710258.png

Puffadderpic_46779-520x390.jpg
download.jpeg
 
There are 170+ species and subspecies of snakes in Southern Africa....

68d6e4d92d0e72d62d90965a7d932c39.jpg
 
There are 170+ species and subspecies of snakes in Southern Africa....

314b85ee7621c6b8f5606bbeeee9d3f6.jpg
 
bcb7caf5eb105479dc25a23d82ea8576.jpg
 
There are 170+ species and subspecies of snakes in Southern Africa....


Kids-Snakes-of-Southern-Africa-inside-PDF-1-min-768x500.jpg
 
Night Adder

Night Adder venom is cytotoxic, and most bites are not serious – causing pain and swelling. Having said that, the venom of this snake should never be underestimated, especially in children, as some victims require hospitalisation.View attachment 515406

View attachment 515405View attachment 515403View attachment 515404
Quick interjection.. Adders are Venomous and not poisonous.. Venom is injected by fangs or by barbs on certain fish.. Poison is absorbed into the bloodstream via an open wound, etc..

Poisonous baby Night Adder

View attachment 515415
 
Puff Adder (Bitis arietans arietans) fangs.
Note that there are two fangs on the left side.
Venomous snakes have several sets of fangs in different stages of development and replace active fangs regularly.

329158747_702286721400483_3195119821071580717_n.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,293
Messages
1,571,873
Members
169,454
Latest member
tracelinwi1986
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top