Snake Bite - WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT

Not a big fan of venomous snakes but.... I really enjoy catching non venomous ones. I caught this coach whip in one of my barns and relocated him in a better place so he could keep up the good fight against the mouse population.
image.jpg
I also caught a hognose snake a few weeks ago and moved him to a better spot too.
 
That's it getting myself a honey badger to take with hunting I will rather put some plasters on open wounds than die of a snake bite!!!
Watch from around 12 to 16 minutes as he takes on the puffader.

 
Hi Guys
Dont worry toooooo much about snakes.
Most of the hunting is done in the winter months, consequently are torpid and or are hibernating.
True the Gaboon viper/adder and others inhabit the warmer climes so there is the potential of meeting a snake but remember 70% of the snake species you find are harmless
If you have a true fobia for snakes but want to hunt in Africa restrict your hunting to the mid winter months and in the high veld. That way the chance of your meeting a snake are the absolute minimum.
So go hunt
Be safe
Russel
 
I would love to hunt Africa, but I am afraid of snakes, just watched a YouTube on the Gaboon Viper ,it wasn't pretty


I am a chicken about snakes too. Irrational fear that it is.
I hunt in July and August and have never seen hide nor hair of a snake yet in many many days in various countries in southern Africa.
I have managed to see one track (slither mark in the sand)
I bump in to Scorpions all the time. Constantly looking under little pieces of wood while I am "waiting patiently" :rolleyes: for the critters to move.
Go looking for them I am sure you can find one.
Otherwise, relax. Honestly.
 
That's it getting myself a honey badger to take with hunting I will rather put some plasters on open wounds than die of a snake bite!!!
.........


The next item that just has to be carried: One Rattel in your day pack for snake prevention!
First aid kit in top pocket.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,282
Messages
1,571,650
Members
169,390
Latest member
NTVReyes77
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top