Smells that transport one

Up nice and early with the dawn having a half-hearted attempt in the east, sitting in a canvas chair with a cup of coffe and the subtle morning smells. Isn't it amazing how even a hint of a smell can bring on such powerful nostalgia, set you up to haul out the fishing rods or the decoys? Here are a few that have a direct line to my soul:
Leather
Rhodesian blend tobacco
Linseed oil

What does it for your snout?
Leather, gun powder, fresh cut grass and the woods.

Yes I know exactly the smell you mean. Early British cars of the 40's had sprung seats and either coir or horse hair stuffing. Leather wasn't considered luxury, it was the most suitable material available. Still is.
Yes, it could very well be the horse hair batting in the seats and in some cars I think the floor and firewall covering/insulation.

The smell of ripened high bush cranberries in the aspen stands,signals start of the fall rut for elk, the leafs falling and cranberry smell getting more pungent , start of moose rut

Oh my. We are spring cleaning, and we opened a bag with my grandmother's Saris. The smell of perfume and spices shot me back to being ten and hugging her in the hall of their home. My grandfather yelling at the two dogs. Food cooking in the kitchen. Maybe it is my age now, but it was a very emotional experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you