Show your Win Mod 70 Safari or Super Express

E03213A1-A267-42C2-A774-0149AC533F4C.png
Not the best pic but here is mine in .375 Super Grade (on top) along with my CZ in .404 Jeffery. Both wearing Swarovski scopes as I was heading to Zimbabwe.

View attachment 234808 Not the best pic but here is mine in .375 Super Grade (on top) along with my CZ in .404 Jeffery. Both wearing Swarovski scopes as I was heading to Zimbabwe.

That is some really nice wood on the CZ. How does the action compare to the Winchester? I have a Model 70 Super Grade in .300 Win Mag, and it has the smoothest action of any rifle I have ever owned. I imagine the Super Express is comparable.

The CZ action is nice and very strong. I really like my .375 but the CZ is a real tack driver. At the 100 yard range it groups much tighter than the .375.

The CZ action is nice and very strong. I really like my .375 but the CZ is a real tack driver. At the 100 yard range it groups much tighter than the .375.

My .375 was shooting 8” groups when I got it with Remington factory ammo. The problem was the ammo. I now have it shooting right at 1 MOA using hand loads. See the bottom of the attached photo which reflects two different groups fired at 100 yards off a Bogpod. I have a 200 yard zero and was experimenting with different hold points.
IMG_1194.JPG

The top target is a 100 yard group off the Bogpod with my .300 Win Mag.

ETA: Both rifles obviously shoot tighter off a bench rest.

Winchester isn't currently offering the Super Express, or I would have bought one. If I have it right, it is a super grade version of the Safari Express. It has high polish bluing and better wood,like a Super Grade.

Here is a photo of a Super Express magazine floor plate I found on the web.

Model_70_375_Mag_Super_Express_v_1401705053.jpg

Tks!!!
I have a super express, but I did not know the difference between them

I have custom .458 Lott and .500 mdm ultra mags built on these actions as well as having a .300 Win mag.

Some really nice rifles posted here :D Beers:

Mine is is a Safari Express in .416 Rem Mag.
Friend and one time constant companion on many adventures for the past 18 years. Never let me down always delivered when asked to do so. Others have come and gone. Its accounted for over 180 Cape Buffalo.
How are you able to shoot so many buffalo??? I'm jealous! :)

+1 Safari Express 375 H&H. Just used it last month for a Buff down to Klipspringer. Love this gun, better than my 300 WM.

How are you able to shoot so many buffalo??? I'm jealous! :)
Hi Toby.
I was culling game for a living so that number of Buffalo was taken over a period of many years when I running my Business before the laws were changed. All these, but a few were taken in forrest areas tracking on foot not from a vehicle.
It is only a small amount compared to other game I shot on an annual quota. Cheers....

I have a left handed M70 Safari Express in 375 H&H
BnEB6FC.jpg

I even have an extra stock with upgraded wood for it.
umP82SK.jpg

Attachments

• BnEB6FC.jpg
    BnEB6FC.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 366
  • umP82SK.jpg
    umP82SK.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 347
I recently upgraded the stock on my .375H&H Safari Express - a AH member had it for sale and @huntinlabs kindly bought it and brought it to SA for me when he came to hunt.

20180802_061226.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg