Show Us Your Reloading Bench

BeeMaa

AH ambassador
Joined
Jun 11, 2017
Messages
9,380
Reaction score
27,541
Location
Alexandria, VA USA
Media
151
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
5
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI Member
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
I've noticed more than a couple of guys looking to get into reloading here on AH.
I happen to be one of them and research is going day and night.

One of the bigger items I'm looking at is a reloading bench.
My bride insists that it look like a piece of furniture and not just a work space.
To that end, friend and I are going to make it out of some maple hardwood.
Building it ourselves will keep the cost down and craftsmanship high.

So here is a space to show off what you have learned from having your own reloading bench.
How work flows, one person or two (maybe more), multiple presses...etc.
Open to any and all ideas.
Show me what ya got.
 
image.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Wyatt Smith
I like the ammo can storage, especially that 40mm can.
That was an idea I was kicking around as well.
 
Make the bench solid, fasten it to a wall. If possible, enclose the reloading area. Best to have an enclosed room away from drafts and changes in air pressure. Also needs to be dry. A damp basement with a dehumidifier is not a good place for a reloading setup.
 
08399BBB-EF58-4833-9097-7A8E4DD64478.jpeg

And I built it myself!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@CAustin
Why two presses?
Decapping and sizing on one, prime/seat/crimp on the other?
 
Make the bench solid, fasten it to a wall. If possible, enclose the reloading area. Best to have an enclosed room away from drafts and changes in air pressure. Also needs to be dry. A damp basement with a dehumidifier is not a good place for a reloading setup.
Knowing my friend, he will have designed a very sturdy bench.
I've already stressed how stout it needs to be and I'm considering anchoring to the wall as well.
It will be on one of the living levels of our house, so climate will be pretty constant.
All excellent points, thank you.
 
Our reloading setup. Functional and works for what I need it to do...relax, listen to tunes and push cases through the press.
Wow! That's clean and organized, unlike mine.
 
20200330_091309.jpg
I have two bench set ups.
One is built into my wall with cabinets inside my shop while the other is a heavy duty maple topped bench in a spare room of my house.
I have 5 presses
2 Hornady AP progressives
1 Lee Loadmaster progressive
1 Lee Classic Cast single
1 Honady LnL Classic single
All mounted on risers all on 40" tall work surfaces.
My Hornady presses use an In Line Fabrications mount with quick change plates to allow only one press on my bench at a time
20180513_123223.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 339297 I have two bench set ups.
One is built into my wall with cabinets inside my shop while the other is a heavy duty maple topped bench in a spare room of my house.
I have 5 presses
2 Hornady AP progressives
1 Lee Loadmaster progressive
1 Lee Classic Cast single
1 Honady LnL Classic single
All mounted on risers all on 40" tall work surfaces.
My Hornady presses use an In Line Fabrications mount with quick change plates to allow only one press on my bench at a time
View attachment 339296
Very nice setup! I could clutter up a bench that size real quick! Ha! Ha! I didn’t know Sierra made reloading presses?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,263
Messages
1,570,969
Members
169,211
Latest member
BirgitBurn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top