Show us your Hat

did somebody say HATS?
IMG_0212.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

Thank you sir! :)

Here are a couple of my retired hats, kinda like trophies, mud, blood and Kentucky bourbon stained from my youth! The brown resistol was my grandfathers hat, it was almost new when he passed and I wore it everyday for years, the black Stetson was bought for me by my grandmother when she thought the brown one was worn out.
Great thread D.M.V
image.jpeg

Here are a couple of my retired hats, kinda like trophies, mud, blood and Kentucky bourbon stained from my youth! The brown resistol was my grandfathers hat, it was almost new when he passed and I wore it everyday for years, the black Stetson was bought for me by my grandmother when she thought the brown one was worn out.
Great thread D.M.VView attachment 157570
Thouse are great hats and with a great background. Sentimental value can sometimes be the most valuable things we have. Thanks again for sharing

Amen D.M.V. Well said sir!

s-l225.jpg
I hope none of you hunt with one of these! They are like wearing a mirror or beacon on top of your head. I once spotted a hunter from a couple of miles away wearing one. I couldn`t tell what the hell it was at first, until he got close enough. Eventually we spoke and I informed him of his `faux pas` but I don`t think he believed me.

image.jpeg

IMG_20160817_132515152 (1).jpg

Here are my three current favorites. The first is the hat my grandfather was issued during his time in the Army. I love it because it was his, but the shorter bill is very convenient because it doesn't get in the way of looking through a scope or interfere with a bow string. I was also wearing it when I got my first deer. The middle one is my fly fishing hat and the third is one I bought in Switzerland a few years ago. I spent way too much time (according to my wife) on that trip trying to find the perfect hat. I had to wear it the whole trip home so it wouldn't get damaged. I got some strange looks in the airports, but I'm used to it.

View attachment 157678
Here are my three current favorites. The first is the hat my grandfather was issued during his time in the Army. I love it because it was his, but the shorter bill is very convenient because it doesn't get in the way of looking through a scope or interfere with a bow string. I was also wearing it when I got my first deer. The middle one is my fly fishing hat and the third is one I bought in Switzerland a few years ago. I spent way too much time (according to my wife) on that trip trying to find the perfect hat. I had to wear it the whole trip home so it wouldn't get damaged. I got some strange looks in the airports, but I'm used to it.
Beautiful assortment of hat's Adam. Did the hat bring any luck with the fish ?

Nice topic.... This is my favourite in canvas, wool is a bit hot down here....
Cheers,
Michael

DSCN1023.jpg

good subject,lots of action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois