Show off your 98 mausers

@Nevada Mike very nice looking rifle! How long did it take to get the GMA action? Just curious about your quick release levers at the 12 o'clock position. Rifle recoil would tend to loosen levers at 12 o'clock. I put mine at the 3 o'clock position. Some people like the front at 3 and the rear at 9 o'clock, pointing at each other.
Well, how they behave depends on the limits of movement. If they are snug at 12 o'clock, there is no problem. I have Talley QDs on some of my other rifles, but Reto makes these to fit the dovetails he machines in the GM DSB action. They release with a 1/4 turn. If they do not work for me, I will ask him to make something different. I am probably going to have him make an additional pair of QD rings made for a Leupold VX3 1.5 - 5X for a spare.

We ordered the GM action in February of 2019. Bad timing with the Covid 19 thing going on. The action was not delivered until late summer 2020. Reto did the build in good time and is preparing to deliver in the next week or so. Long time coming, but Covid made me push of my trip to Tanzania until next fall.
 
D90C4C0D-A830-4DDC-8077-BF4AEDFC0FFC.jpeg
My custom 9.3 last Tuesday.
 
I really like this old “poor man’s custom”. Military barrel rechambered to 8mm-‘06. I would guess that the chamber was recut in the USA, where ‘06 brass was plentiful. A really interesting old rifle, IMHO. Pic is a gunsmith’s shop. It went there to get the stock cleaned up. It was a bargain.

88A88F8A-2672-4AEA-A2F9-86188AF8A227.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,910
Members
169,638
Latest member
ChauValazq
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top