Show off your 100-year-old guns

1820ish English Double 20 bore. I have shot it in both Flintlock & Percussion mode. A very unique firearm.
View attachment 603605

This is a first, as a muzzleloading fanatic I have never seen or heard of a duel ignition system on a muzzleloader.

Cool. Thanks for posting this firearm.

Some nice old girls posted here, I like to shoot all my old firearms in the field sooner or later & have a lot but haven't always taken any photos of them in use.

Here are a couple of 6.5's used on Fallow Bucks, one a 1893-5 in 6.5X53R & 1903 in 6.5X54 both Gibbs,

My Fallow & 1895 Gibbs 6.5x53R.jpg
Fallow Buck & Old Gibbs - Smaller .jpg

My Old LSA Lee Speed in .303 Brit, shot a few Goats & Turkeys, in the close pic you can just see the Goats in the far corner on the Bush edge.
Lee Speed LSA hunt.jpg
Lee Speed LSA Goats.jpg

Lee Speed LSA Turkey.jpg

Remington 14 1/2 in 44/40 & the Big Goat with 38/40, shot a lot with my Remington 25 in 32/20 as well but no pics with game.
Rem 14.5 & Goats.jpg

Rem Big Billy Smiely Face .jpg

Last edited:
My oldest, 300-400 years old (probably closer to 300). Fully functional except the wheel doesn't spin fast enough for the agate to throw sparks. I need to find someone that is very knowledgable on Wheellocks. then she goes hunting.

Contact the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association in Friendship, Indiana.

The Spring National Championship Shoot is coming up soon and there are usualky several knowledgeable and excellent gunsmiths that attend the spring matches that can help.

BTW, several of the gunsmiths and a few others may claim "they need to "test fire" it, just to make sure it is safe for you to shoot it". And while you are at it, and coming to the shoot any way, you might as well fall into the crowd by bringing along your "1820ish....Flintlock and Percussion... 20 bore...." , and your period correct frontiersman attire for the wilderness shoot and primitive encampment area.

This is a first, as a muzzleloading fanatic I have never seen or heard of a duel ignition system on a muzzleloader.

Cool. Thanks for posting this firearm.
That's how the double guns began-two locks. In more modern times, Roger Raglin the famed deer hunter from OK took a Knight double percussion gun to Africa and filmed a wonderful video (he wanted a backup shot on Buff!) You've never seen an old double shotgun? Simply an upgraded muzzleloader. There were many! Double hammer guns were plentiful!

@Ridge Runner
I was at Friendship at the event you mention back in the 70’s one or two years. That’s where I met a couple of AMM brothers and they invited me to join. You’ve got a great idea there. I’m getting back from Zimbabwe/South Africa on the 9th of June but their calendar shows it goes for the remainder of the week. I’ll do my best to get up there. Thanks.

That's how the double guns began-two locks. In more modern times, Roger Raglin the famed deer hunter from OK took a Knight double percussion gun to Africa and filmed a wonderful video (he wanted a backup shot on Buff!) You've never seen an old double shotgun? Simply an upgraded muzzleloader. There were many! Double hammer guns were plentiful!
I think you’re missing the uniqueness of this gun. Yes it has two locks, but each lock has two separate ignition systems, flintlock and percussion. Take your pick.

I've seen a lot of original bouble barrel shotguns. Just none with that double, double hammer.

On my wish list is a flintlock double barrel.

I must learn how to ,
A)take decent pictures
B) learn how to post them.
I don’t have any exciting things like a lot on here, an 1820-39 14g percussion double shotgun, 1916 savage 99 takedown, several 1910-13 martini cadets, a large frame martini in 450-400 2 3/8, 1907 model92 baby saddle ring carbine in 32-20, a Winchester thumb trigger 22long and a 1867/72 Remington no.1 that’s been rebarreled to breach seat 45/70, effectively a 45/100
gumpy

Pre 1924 Mannlicher Schoenauer take-down in 9,5 x 57mm

MS2.jpeg

MS3.jpeg
MS4.jpeg
M3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martlee

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?