Shooting Sticks

Hello All,

reading up on all these comments and advice to practice shooting from sticks, I'm starting to get worried. I only ever once in my life shot from sticks. A very quick setup, aim and fire in just a few seconds, successfully on a deer in Scotland. So went quite well all things considered. But then again it was only about a 60-70m shot.

But when I read these recommendations of 100's of rounds of practice from shooting sticks... I'm supposed to leave in 3 weeks for the first time to S-A, haven't practiced this one bit. And with all shooting ranges in my country being closed since the last 5 months and probably in the coming months too, I do not see how I could have practiced this...

I'll see if I can get some wood poles from a shop in the neighborhood and practice with dry fire. But I'll not be able to practice for real.

Any recommendations on what else I could do to practice, apart from actually shooting?

thanks,

V.
Order a pair of 4 stable sticks or viper flex sticks. They get much better with practice as well, but I find them much more forgiving than a bipod or a tripod.

Order a pair of 4 stable sticks or viper flex sticks. They get much better with practice as well, but I find them much more forgiving than a bipod or a tripod.

Just ordered the bush sticks from 4 stable sticks. Let’s see and thanks for the tip 375Fox!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg