Anbessa Gedai

AH veteran
Reaction score
Wyoming, U.S.A. (But much of the time in Africa)
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA - LIFE MEMBER & SCI - LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
Botswana, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mocambique, Namibia, Republic of South Africa, Zimbabwe, The Cameroon, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Germany, Uzbekistan, British Columbia, Ontario, Manitoba, Alaska, Arizona, California, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
During a discussion with a shipping agent/freight forwarder in Namibia this past week, he reported that he had just learned that sea/surface shipping lines have announced that they will no longer handle shipments of hunting trophies. Much like several major international air carriers have decided to no longer accept air freight shipments of hunting trophies. I understood him to mean that it was not just one shipping line, but ALL (or perhaps an association comprised of many) that have adopted this "policy".
This would be DISASTROUS for the African Safari industry, as in many cases, and particularly when trophies are mounted in-country, sea freight is the only reasonably cost effective method to transport the trophies to the visiting hunter's home country.
I hope this is an erroneous report!
Can anyone confirm this?
If so, all of us in the hunting fraternity need to put together a strong opposition!

Since ALL Airlines have NOT adopted the ignorant policy, I'll bet money that Ocean freight is the same.

I would contact another freight forwarder.

I am working with a freight company in Windhoek to forward my trophies and he confirms what the OP says.
They have a "possible solution" and hope to know more later this week.

Folks I just got an email from South Africa telling me that shipping companies will only accept full containers and thus they were quoting me air freight prices. Has anyone else heard this crap?
It would seem to me that the forwarders would consolidate crates into a container.

ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED?!!

Since ALL Airlines have NOT adopted the ignorant policy, I'll bet money that Ocean freight is the same.

I would contact another freight forwarder.

There may be something going on here!

Shipping companies do not give s... if a container is full, empty or anything between.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg