Anbessa Gedai

AH senior member
Reaction score
Wyoming, U.S.A. (But much of the time in Africa)
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA - LIFE MEMBER & SCI - LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
Ethiopia, Kenya, Mocambique, Namibia, Republic of South Africa, Zimbabwe, The Cameroon, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Germany, Uzbekistan, British Columbia, Ontario, Manitoba, Alaska, Arizona, California, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
During a discussion with a shipping agent/freight forwarder in Namibia this past week, he reported that he had just learned that sea/surface shipping lines have announced that they will no longer handle shipments of hunting trophies. Much like several major international air carriers have decided to no longer accept air freight shipments of hunting trophies. I understood him to mean that it was not just one shipping line, but ALL (or perhaps an association comprised of many) that have adopted this "policy".
This would be DISASTROUS for the African Safari industry, as in many cases, and particularly when trophies are mounted in-country, sea freight is the only reasonably cost effective method to transport the trophies to the visiting hunter's home country.
I hope this is an erroneous report!
Can anyone confirm this?
If so, all of us in the hunting fraternity need to put together a strong opposition!

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Since ALL Airlines have NOT adopted the ignorant policy, I'll bet money that Ocean freight is the same.

I would contact another freight forwarder.

Husker-in-WA

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI , NRA
Hunted
South Africa Limpopo, British Columbia, Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Maryland
I am working with a freight company in Windhoek to forward my trophies and he confirms what the OP says.
They have a "possible solution" and hope to know more later this week.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Folks I just got an email from South Africa telling me that shipping companies will only accept full containers and thus they were quoting me air freight prices. Has anyone else heard this crap?
It would seem to me that the forwarders would consolidate crates into a container.

ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED?!!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Since ALL Airlines have NOT adopted the ignorant policy, I'll bet money that Ocean freight is the same.

I would contact another freight forwarder.

There may be something going on here!

GuttormG

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Shipping companies do not give s... if a container is full, empty or anything between.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PansyTippe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh