Shikari Rifle

Garciamarquez1918

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Joined
Jun 23, 2025
Messages
324
Reaction score
1,010
Location
Kansas City Area
Media
11
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
Tanzania
I have one on order but haven't ever actually seen one! Was hoping to see one at DSC but sadly they didn't have one. Anybody on here who has one who would share some images? I'm especially interested in the tops of the barrels -- what the engraving looks like. Do they have the company name in gothic script etc? Thanks in advance.
 
I’ll try and get some pictures of the standard script on top of the barrels for you.
 
Here are some pics of my Shikari, it is at UK customs right now if everything went according to plan.
1770740879496.png

1770740899549.png
 
Here is a stock photo of the script on the Shikari:

1770741138801.jpeg
 
I think @Houston Bill should have his Shakiri in hand by now, or should be getting very close to taking delivery..
 
I have one on order but haven't ever actually seen one! Was hoping to see one at DSC but sadly they didn't have one. Anybody on here who has one who would share some images? I'm especially interested in the tops of the barrels -- what the engraving looks like. Do they have the company name in gothic script etc? Thanks in advance.
Wha???? No Shikari rifles at the Rigby booth, not a one? That was one of my primary desires of this trip to Nashville, to be able to actually hold and look one over in person. I’m such a big Rigby fan, their bolt rifles and all vintage offerings, but want to see and hold one of the Shikari before I could even consider ordering one. And chance of running into one around town is totally nonexistent.

Huge bummer. I’ll still have to talk with them about one, but actual order will have to wait a bit I guess, until I run into one somewhere or we visit England, which is likely sooner than the other.

How far out is your Shikari order, at this point I know there are folks expecting one within the next year or closer to 5+. Exciting regardless.

Cheers.
 
Wha???? No Shikari rifles at the Rigby booth, not a one? That was one of my primary desires of this trip to Nashville, to be able to actually hold and look one over in person. I’m such a big Rigby fan, their bolt rifles and all vintage offerings, but want to see and hold one of the Shikari before I could even consider ordering one.
Wait is 6 years hence not displaying them for new orders.
 
Wha???? No Shikari rifles at the Rigby booth, not a one? That was one of my primary desires of this trip to Nashville, to be able to actually hold and look one over in person. I’m such a big Rigby fan, their bolt rifles and all vintage offerings, but want to see and hold one of the Shikari before I could even consider ordering one. And chance of running into one around town is totally nonexistent.

Huge bummer. I’ll still have to talk with them about one, but actual order will have to wait a bit I guess, until I run into one somewhere or we visit England, which is likely sooner than the other.

How far out is your Shikari order, at this point I know there are folks expecting one within the next year or closer to 5+. Exciting regardless.

Cheers.
My hope is 2028!
 
Wha???? No Shikari rifles at the Rigby booth, not a one? That was one of my primary desires of this trip to Nashville, to be able to actually hold and look one over in person. I’m such a big Rigby fan, their bolt rifles and all vintage offerings, but want to see and hold one of the Shikari before I could even consider ordering one. And chance of running into one around town is totally nonexistent.

Huge bummer. I’ll still have to talk with them about one, but actual order will have to wait a bit I guess, until I run into one somewhere or we visit England, which is likely sooner than the other.

How far out is your Shikari order, at this point I know there are folks expecting one within the next year or closer to 5+. Exciting regardless.

Cheers.
I talked to them a week ago 6 years from order is the number now. I’m out with that kind of wait.
 
Here are some pics of my Shikari, it is at UK customs right now if everything went according to plan.
View attachment 744948
View attachment 744950
I’m getting excited . My Shikari is due later this year . A 500NE like yours with similar finish . My rifle was a 3 year wait . I can only assume with the time to build blowing out to 6 years that prices will rise significantly . But what a magnificent firearm .
 
I’m not a double guy… but I have to admit feeling a little envy… you guys with the shakiris have a work of art on your hands… they are a beautiful specimen…
 
So these are 6 years out now with orders and an example has not been on display?
 
I think @Houston Bill should have his Shakiri in hand by now, or should be getting very close to taking delivery..
I don't have my Shikari yet, but hope to have it by the end of the month. Plan is to practice with it as much as possible in March and take it on elephant hunt in April. It has been a long wait but I am excited about finally getting on my hands on it!
 
I don't have my Shikari yet, but hope to have it by the end of the month. Plan is to practice with it as much as possible in March and take it on elephant hunt in April. It has been a long wait but I am excited about finally getting on my hands on it!
Bill, do tell. Where you going to drag that Shikari to hunt eles? Sounds like a grand plan, hope it arrives in time and should prove an exciting few weeks leading up to your trip if so.

My Heym 89b in 450 that Mac brokered for me, I had planned to take my 470 and last minutes couldn't help but take the 450, only had a bit over a week with it to dial in loads and go. It shot so well, I wasn't much work.

I have to believe these Shikari rifles will shoot splendidly.
 
Think I am fine with a 6-year wait. I had a couple Linebaugh and Bowen built customs that took about that long. I used to order one every 6-12 months, just order and forget. They would roll in when ready. Knives the same way, makes waiting time appear near non-existent.

I was thinking it was around 6-7 years when I noted in an earlier post about my hopes and intentions on spending some time at the Rigby booth. That would allow some additional consideration on bells and whistles, order and still have it in time for a nice 60th birthday present for myself.

BUT...no way can I consider doing it without actually holding one and looking it over. So far they appear a little different than I expected, not necessary in a bad way, just some way. It has kept me from falling totally in love with the idea of one, so really want and need to get my dirty old hands on one. Or maybe broaden my scope to other british makers. If I can wait 6 years, I guess longer wouldn't prove terrible either.
 
I don't have my Shikari yet, but hope to have it by the end of the month. Plan is to practice with it as much as possible in March and take it on elephant hunt in April. It has been a long wait but I am excited about finally getting on my hands on it!
I can't emphasize enough to get insurance for it. Heck of a loss if something happens.
 
Think I am fine with a 6-year wait. I had a couple Linebaugh and Bowen built customs that took about that long. I used to order one every 6-12 months, just order and forget. They would roll in when ready. Knives the same way, makes waiting time appear near non-existent.

I was thinking it was around 6-7 years when I noted in an earlier post about my hopes and intentions on spending some time at the Rigby booth. That would allow some additional consideration on bells and whistles, order and still have it in time for a nice 60th birthday present for myself.

BUT...no way can I consider doing it without actually holding one and looking it over. So far they appear a little different than I expected, not necessary in a bad way, just some way. It has kept me from falling totally in love with the idea of one, so really want and need to get my dirty old hands on one. Or maybe broaden my scope to other british makers. If I can wait 6 years, I guess longer wouldn't prove terrible either.

Will , you are probably seeing the influence of Jérôme Lanoue. Rigby brought him over from Verney- Carron to lead their double rifle come back. He most likely brings that French influence to the Rigby rifle.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,385
Members
169,553
Latest member
LeeBennet
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top