Several Rifles to Sell

And what's the Low Wall? I've been looking for a decent single shot rifle.

What calibers are the Dakota Traveler chambered for?

What calibers are the Dakota Traveler chambered for?
Lots of upgrades on that Rifle. Working with ParkWest to establish value. It is a .458 Lott & .375 H&H.

I sold a rifle last month on another generalized shooting forum but it may help to sell them on firearm specific forums.

I got the trade I was looking for on here for a .416 Rigby. Also, the examples you threw out here will command a premium and there are people on here with deep pockets if they see something they like. And those three rifles, especially the Dakota, will garner attention here. Never hurts to post on here for a week and see if someone digs into their piggy bank.

I would list that Dakota Traveler set for sure here. I looked for a set like that myself. Not easy to find.

I’ve sold a bunch of guns on GunBroker lately. They’ve been more common guns and shotguns.

If you haven’t done so you can also take a few photos and send to Guns dot com. They’ll review and send you an offer. If you accept they send you a prepaid label. I generally do this, just to get an idea on value, knowing they’re going to mark them up and need to cover the cost of shipping.

I see a lot about taxes being collected by GB..so what? Its actually easier that way because you have to pay the tax either way when it shows up at your FFL, if you are a sales tax state and most are, and GB only collects taxes from the buyer if his state is a tax state.
With GB its just added to the price right there, you dont have to pay your FFL and he doesnt have to pay the state your sales taxes for you..
As to the fees, they provide a service, they collect a fee, nothing new there. Dont get me wrong, I have my issues with their new payment plan in which I dont intend to partake as a seller but plan to keep buying, its the first place I look for stuff, prices are almost always lower than GI.
I have an old rifle for sale on GI and havent had one email about it, not one.

I see a lot about taxes being collected by GB..so what? Its actually easier that way because you have to pay the tax either way when it shows up at your FFL, if you are a sales tax state and most are, and GB only collects taxes from the buyer if his state is a tax state.
With GB its just added to the price right there, you dont have to pay your FFL and he doesnt have to pay the state your sales taxes for you..
As to the fees, they provide a service, they collect a fee, nothing new there. Dont get me wrong, I have my issues with their new payment plan in which I dont intend to partake as a seller but plan to keep buying, its the first place I look for stuff, prices are almost always lower than GI.
I have an old rifle for sale on GI and havent had one email about it, not one.
I'm curious, as I have never paid sales tax to my FFL when I bought a used gun and had it shipped to him. How would the FFL know what the selling price was to calculate the tax? All the receiving FFL is handling is the 4473 and the NICS check. I can see GB or GI collecting sales tax, just like Amazon or EBay, but not an FFL who is not involved in the actual sale.

I'm curious, as I have never paid sales tax to my FFL when I bought a used gun and had it shipped to him. How would the FFL know what the selling price was to calculate the tax? All the receiving FFL is handling is the 4473 and the NICS check. I can see GB or GI collecting sales tax, just like Amazon or EBay, but not an FFL who is not involved in the actual sale.
If your state collects taxes, either GB or your FFL must collect the tax, its law. If your state has no sales tax, then none is paid to either.
Here in WA if I got a rifle from a seller that didnt collect taxes like say GI, when the gun was delivered to my FFL, he says, "what did you pay for it?". He then collects the tax from me based on that amount and then sends it to the state in my name, no choice, not optional.
So either your state does not collect sales tax, perhaps only on firearms, or your FFL chooses not to participate.
No mystery here. If your state collects sales tax, its paid to someone, so they get it in the end.

If your state collects taxes, either GB or your FFL must collect the tax, its law. If your state has no sales tax, then none is paid to either.
Here in WA if I got a rifle from a seller that didnt collect taxes like say GI, when the gun was delivered to my FFL, he says, "what did you pay for it?". He then collects the tax from me based on that amount and then sends it to the state in my name, no choice, not optional.
So either your state does not collect sales tax, perhaps only on firearms, or your FFL chooses not to participate.
No mystery here. If your state collects sales tax, its paid to someone, so they get it in the end.
For me, collecting sales tax on a private sale of used goods of any kind, goes against the grain. Never collected, nor paid, sales tax at a garage sale, a flea market, or in any transaction with an individual (as opposed to a store front or business like GB or GI). Items that required some sort of registration, like a vehicle, the state must be involved and therefore they are able to force a tax on the sale. Buying a used gun does not involve any requirement of registration, any more than buying a used pair of boots or a coat, therefore, the state has no business taxing the transaction, IMO. Guess all the FFLs I've dealt with here choose not to participate, as CO does collect sales tax; they must view it the same as I.

For me, collecting sales tax on a private sale of used goods of any kind, goes against the grain. Never collected, nor paid, sales tax at a garage sale, a flea market, or in any transaction with an individual (as opposed to a store front or business like GB or GI). Items that required some sort of registration, like a vehicle, the state must be involved and therefore they are able to force a tax on the sale. Buying a used gun does not involve any requirement of registration, any more than buying a used pair of boots or a coat, therefore, the state has no business taxing the transaction, IMO. Guess all the FFLs I've dealt with here choose not to participate, as CO does collect sales tax; they must view it the same as I.
Perhaps CO has a different view of it from WA. This state is well known for taxing and here at least it is not optional.
However if you buy from a GB seller, the tax will be collected correct?

Perhaps CO has a different view of it from WA. This state is well known for taxing and here at least it is not optional.
However if you buy from a GB seller, the tax will be collected correct?
I've bought and sold many items on GB.
Anything sold on GB has the sales tax billed to the seller. The FFL who does the receiving or sending does not collect the sales tax. They will ask you to pay the shipping costs.

For years GB did not collect sales tax or have any additional fees to the buyer. They only started collecting sales tax a few years ago, then added the additional 1% fee to the buyer, and have slowly raised final value fees to the seller.

You used to just need to add the shipping and FFL transfer fee into your bid price. Not needing to pay sales tax was a benefit of GB, right or wrong.
Now buyers need to pay shipping, FFL transfer, sales tax, and additional fees. It's still one of the largest audiences out there, but more costly than GI, GA, forums, LGS's, gunshows, etc, for the buyer.

Last edited:
I've bought and sold many items on GB.
Anything sold on GB has the sales tax billed to the seller. The FFL who does the receiving or sending does not collect the sales tax. They will ask you to pay the shipping costs.
Yes, with things bought from GB, but when the seller like GI or others dont collect the tax, the receiving FFL then collects the tax from the buyer and sends it in to the state.

For years GB did not collect sales tax or have any additional fees to the buyer. They only started collecting sales tax a few years ago, then added the additional 1% fee to the buyer, and have slowly raised final value fees to the seller.

You used to just need to add the shipping and FFL transfer fee into your bid price. Not needing to pay sales tax was a benefit of GB, right or wrong.
Now buyers need to pay shipping, FFL transfer, sales tax, and additional fees. It's still one of the largest audiences out there, but more costly than GI, GA, forums, LGS's, gunshows, etc, for the buyer.
If you live in a tax state, the tax still has to be paid. Its just more convenient to let GB handle it than having to give more money to the FFL at pickup, and then make him handle the tax.

It is definitely a thing now for internet sales in many states.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadia68W7

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.