Seller Review - Rez Exelon

CZDiesel

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
United States
So as some of you know and read I was scammed on a purchase here several weeks ago… Unfortunately not only did I lose my money but I lost the knife I wanted!
Shortly after I was contacted by “Rez Exelon“ saying that he’d seen my 300 H&H post and that he had some ammo and brass that he had for sale?!?!
Well I was sure this was a scam so I said Im interested but only if he could call and vet himself! He gave a number and I called and it was a google number and he was not available so I was sure the scam was on!!! Well 20 minutes later he calls me back and we have a great conversation on several topics so I send him payment…
Not two days later I get a package from “Rez Exelon” and it contains all of the components for sale BUT he also includes a custom Damascus knife!!!
I was blown away! So I call him back to see if it was a mistake and he says “No that was your secret gift for losing the other knife”
This was such a random act of kindness that is so rarely seen anymore that I have no clue what the knife is worth but it has been elevated to one of my favorites!!!
This is is great guy! Not only to do business with but just a really good person!!!
IMG_0072.jpeg

There are still a lot of good people out there, a lot of them reside on this forum!

I appreciate the shout out .. adding that in only seemed right. I've been on the crap end of some stuff before. Being a newer chap here I found out I kind of messed up reaching out in the manner I did and looking back I can see it probably did look scammy. I hadn't read the rules as close as I should have and was operating like my local board. I didn't even think about the Google angle --- to be honest I'm lazy and use that number because I'm an it dork and can text from the web better than my phone.

OP is a cool cat to be honest. I'm 90% sure my wife thinks I have a new girlfriend because we were chatting enough on the phone. I'm just waiting for her to hit me with a "oh sure you're out working on cleaning brass talking to CZ again" :⁠-⁠) But that's what happens when it turns out you have a lot of weird calibers and tastes in common!

Personally I'm glad I signed up after lurking for a lotta years. Seems like a bunch of good folks round these parts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GennieHowe

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.