Seeking Digital Scale Recommendations

Based upon my prior experiences I have several questions and then several comments. You say that your "Hornady" wanders terribly, do you have a dedicated "electrical line conditioner" where the Hornady scale plugs into ? Is the area that you use the Hornady scale have overhead fluorescent lighting ??

I started shooting competitively over 20 years ago and found that both "dirty electricity" and fluorescent overhead lighting both made my RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 drift more often than not. I resolved that by using an "electric line conditioner" and switching to incandescent overhead lighting I took 90% of the drifting/ wandering out of the equation.

With regards to scales I had an AND FX-120 I which could weigh down to 2 hundredths of a grain (one granule of Varget powder). This by far is usually more than enough for the average competition shooter. I used that for a couple of years and then moved up to an AND HR-100A, this is an analytical balance and has a resolution of 1 /1000 of a grain. I can and do cut single granules of Varget in half in an attempt to get single digit extreme spreads and low standard deviation readings.

Pursuant to the above I would recommend first trying an "electric line conditioner" to clean up the power going to whatever scale and or scale/dispenser that you have or plan to use for reloading. Secondly I would look at the AND FX-120 I (scale only) as I think that it is wonderful for the money. It should be noted that with all the precautions that I take to perfect my reloading area I still get scale bounce / wandering every once in a while.

You need to step up to a Sartorius to get rid of the drift. The AX-120s just float more. The Sartorius is about 4X the cost. Just depends on what you are after.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,242
Members
169,282
Latest member
RochelleP9
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top