yhc

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, Germany, Austria, South Africa
I am thrilled that one of these fine Rigby HS rifles is on its way to my FFL. As I prepare for its arrival, I am trying to get other parts ready such as scope rings, reloading components (which most of them seem to be on back order), etc.

As for scope mount options, I see there are Mauser Hexalock scope rings and Talley rings. My questions are:
1. are there any particular advantage of one over the other?
2. are there other brands that I should consider for scope rings?

Regards,

I absolutely love Talley rings and have them on all my rifles. Takes extreme recoil and abuse in the field and will not move your scope. Go with Talley.

@yhc Congratulations on the new rifle!

Not much help on the rings, I'm not allowed to own anything that nice!

I have used Talley’s and EAW on mine. Both are great. The Talley’s allow a slightly lower scope position. Too low for Swarovski eyepieces but perfect for a VX6 eyepiece.

I just recently picked up a HS also and have been looking into this. Apparently Ziegler has very good mounts they claim have 100% return to zero when installed properly and the other brand I heard about was Recknagel. Although I don’t know too much about the latter.

Thank you all for your replies.

I have Talley rings on most of my rifles, except on Blaser R8s and double rifles, and like them a lot.

I will have to look into EAW rings as well as Ziegler and Recknagel as I am not familiar with them. Thank you for the recommendations.

@Hermes, I am partial to Swarovski optics so I will most likely go with a Z6i 1.7-10x42 mm.

Thank you all for your replies.

I have Talley rings on most of my rifles, except on Blaser R8s and double rifles, and like them a lot.

I will have to look into EAW rings as well as Ziegler and Recknagel as I am not familiar with them. Thank you for the recommendations.

@Hermes, I am partial to Swarovski optics so I will most likely go with a Z6i 1.7-10x42 mm.

That is a great scope.

You might want to contact Rigby for their recommendation. I got the scope rings for my Big Game fromo Gary Duffy--the Rigby rep in the U.S. They work great with my Leupold scope.

Good Afternoon Gents- I'm the new owner of a HS in 30-06 and was curious as to which QD mounts allow for use of irons with the scope removed? Do EAW, Hexalock and Talley all allow for this? Does one mount sit lower? The scope will be a Swaro z5 3.15x18 x44...

Thanks in advance..I'm a long time reader but just registered and appreciate all the insight....

Good Afternoon Gents- I'm the new owner of a HS in 30-06 and was curious as to which QD mounts allow for use of irons with the scope removed? Do EAW, Hexalock and Talley all allow for this? Does one mount sit lower? The scope will be a Swaro z5 3.15x18 x44...

Thanks in advance..I'm a long time reader but just registered and appreciate all the insight....
See #5 post from @WAB

Reactions: WAB
I have EAWs and Talleys. The Talleys are simpler to install and use and work just as well. and you can use the irons with both when the scope is removed. The EAWs are prettier though.

EAW or Recknagel. I have EAW on my Highlander and I can use the irons or bolt peep no problem. The mounts do not interfere with my line of sight.

Safe shooting

Pics!!!

TALEXA3, I ended up getting an EAW ring mounts for my Rigby Highland Stalker. I am quite pleased with it.

The bases are only about 5 mm in height thus they don’t interfere with using iron sight once you take the scope off.

Regards,

HS in a Redneck ‘06. EAW mounts, S&B 4x fixed, 1inch tube. Bases do not interfere with iron sights. Mounts do return to zero. Pain in the arse to set up initially.

4AB4B8A5-725F-43F8-A77E-0469981A1BC8.jpeg
A5C64868-97B2-435F-9D50-D7B9BD605971.jpeg
8E8AD73D-7729-4247-A6C8-F277DBD11AD5.jpeg
139740CC-C707-4BA2-AAA8-A589C9AC1E0F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatrinaLen

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,