Scope Mounting Issue Advice needed


Yep, a quick update.
I emailed back and forth with Warne and I also spoke with the gunshop I bought the rings at. I’ve not had any luck with being able to use them and the shop has asked me to return them.
I will most likely look at buying a set or two of other mounts and rings to try.
When I closed the rings against each other, the right half of both front and rear rings was a bit smaller diameter than the left rings so I think that could be the issue.
I did not set up a bar or points as suggested above considering that the rings seem out of spec to start with.
I believe that the rings are squeezing the tube causing the issue.
 
I've got a few sets of both Warne and Talley rings like those, so I was curious. Certainly sounds like that set of rings is off. Best of luck with new mounts/rings.
 
When I ordered Leopold QR Weaver bases for my Model 70's, there were different offerings according to the action length, and (I seem to recall) for Pre-64 and new FN issue, versus the in-between production. I would double check what Warne model you have, as a first resort.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,808
Members
169,417
Latest member
SommerDoug
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top