Scope Issues - Venting!!!

Nice group.

I had a friend, who had the same problem you were having. I took the gun and had the problem solved in 2 minutes. Sometimes it just takes a different person's perspective to see the problem from a different angle.
 
Nice group.

I had a friend, who had the same problem you were having. I took the gun and had the problem solved in 2 minutes. Sometimes it just takes a different person's perspective to see the problem from a different angle.
Yup!!! I wasn't smart enough to figure it out, but I was smart enough to ask the experts here for help! :)
 
Hitch,

YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!!

I will neither confirm nor deny that, well I certainly wont deny it anyway! LOL :rolleyes: JK Glad I could help. Nice group BTW
 
I'll give you credit. I would have fretted all week and felt really dumb after I had take the gun to the smith. :) Thanks for the nice group comment! You too Enysse. I didn't see that when I read your comment off my phone earlier.

One final question here. Should I put a little loctite on the eyepiece sent it has shown a propensity to come loose? Won't hurt anything will it? And I know to use the blue kind. :)
 
Hitch,

YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!!

Since my scope doesn't have focus I never would have even thought about that!!! It was four or five turns to tighten.... Had to move it back to the right almost five inches. Shot it from 3x to 9x and in between and it looks like all is good!

Thanks to everyone for the help! You saved me both time and stress! :)

Oh, and I also now know that my .375 H&H doesn't like Hornady DGX. I get better grouping from PRVI. Doesnt matter anyway as I will hunt with a Barnes TSX. Just bought some because it is cheaper.

Good news and nice group! BTW, you say you dont have focus, I assume you mean you dont have quick focus because by backing the eyepiece out or in, is the focus adjustment. Backed all the way out is where I have to have such scopes. I prefer quick focus scope for that reason, its much quicker.
 
Good news and nice group! BTW, you say you dont have focus, I assume you mean you dont have quick focus because by backing the eyepiece out or in, is the focus adjustment. Backed all the way out is where I have to have such scopes. I prefer quick focus scope for that reason, its much quicker.

Thanks!

And correct, no quick focus. Although honestly I don't even think I realized it could be changed as I've never needed to do it.
 
Thanks!

And correct, no quick focus. Although honestly I don't even think I realized it could be changed as I've never needed to do it.
As your eyes age you probably will. Have fun!
 
Well done Diamond, I've never had that issue and would never have thought of it. Glad it worked out for you Royal, and nice group!
 
Well done Diamond, I've never had that issue and would never have thought of it. Glad it worked out for you Royal, and nice group!

I don't think it would be an issue on new scopes, they all seem to be tight and firm to even adjust, the scope I found it on was quite loose and could even be felt to move when being manipulated, presumably from plenty of shooting without the lock ring tightened.
 
Problem solved! A number 1 die jobi !
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,980
Members
169,676
Latest member
Jeffreymorrise
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top