Rastaman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
So i am less than 30 days out from my lion hunt and the scope on my 375 has failed. It is a Swarovski 2.5 x 10 illuminated reticle. The reticle is crooked inside. I kept loosening the scope and squaring the crosshairs after a few shots until I noticed that the turrets were almost sideways. The top turret was pointing out from the left side of the gun.

I have no doubt they will stand by their product but assume the warranty work turnaround will be well outside of my departure date. Time to go scope shopping!!!

Leupold 2 1/2 X 8 is a very good scope...

Does Swarovski have a service center in the U.S.? I ask because I had a similar experience with Zeiss right before my safari. Zeiss has a service center in the U.S. and I called them before I sent it in. Explained the situation to them and they sent a brand new one back quickly. I think the turn around time was a couple of weeks.

That is not good luck.
Happen to have Iron sights on your rifle?

As Phoenix Phil said, their service center should be on the ball. Swarovski of all brands should stand behind their product 100% and fix this for you. If not, the Meopta 2.5-10x50 is a terrific scope, very clear optics.

I'm sure they will sort you out prior to your Safari but if your keen on a replacement then have a look at Schmidt&Bender. I use Swarovski, Zeiss and S&B but find the S&Bs ideal for Africa being a little heaver and far more robust with great optics also.

Well, my initial though upon reading your title was "get a Swarovski". So much for that! Call them, tell them the deal, Fedex it, and I'll bet you are good to go. Tell them you need it by a date that is early enough for you to get another scope if it doesn't come back to you in time.

The measure of a company isn't just how good is the product, but how good is the service, especially at the top of the market. They know well that if you own one of their illuminated reticle scopes that you have the money to get whatever scope you want and they should treat you accordingly.

Hi
My20 year old Swarovski 8x30 binos went seriously wrong.The focusing system completely jammed.
Sent them back to Swarovski in the UK.
In two weeks they had been shipped to Austria, had a full factory refurb job and I had them back by special delivery from Austria.
I cannot fault Swarovski in any way and I doubt you would get any better service from any manufacturer.
Oh and all the work was done FOC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,