Schmidt Bender Summit on CZ 550

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I'm looming at a Schmidt summit 2.5-10x40. Does anyone have one of these on a CZ 550 375 length action? Trying to figure out if it will fit before I drop the cash on the scope. Also any first hand experience with this scope would be great. Anybody run one of these?

It should fit no problem. Tube is quite long. I love my S&B's but really??? I'm disappointed in mine. Have it on a M70 SG 30-06. It works but acts more like a Leupold than a S&B. You make an adjustment and it has to shoot in-then reticle is stable. Never had this in the 30mm S&B's. Eye relief is very good though better than the 30mm models, also you get this donut in the eyepiece and not so forgiving. I do recommend S&B but not this model.

This was not one of their finer products. Just my opinion so make of it what you will.

The Schmidt Bender Zenith 3-12 fits, with not a lot to spare but man what glass. I have never seen the summit . You should.be able to compare the dimensions of the two on their website.

Thanks guys. I ended up passing on this scope because it only had 25 min internal elevation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VIRKaley87

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary (417)860-5888
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross