Save Valley Conservancy

'Hunted the Mkwasine (River) area and it was fantastic. 2 good buff, saw plenty of lion, hippo, heard leopard at night, waterbuck, eland, bushbuck, bush hog, and mambas. The lion love eating herbivores that feed in the nearby sugar estates. The concession leases seem to turn over frequently, but as said above just about any area PH can get you in there...Saw more elephant closer to the Save river (Mkwasine being a smaller river that feeds into it) but it depends upon time of year.
 
'Hunted the Mkwasine (River) area and it was fantastic. 2 good buff, saw plenty of lion, hippo, heard leopard at night, waterbuck, eland, bushbuck, bush hog, and mambas. The lion love eating herbivores that feed in the nearby sugar estates. The concession leases seem to turn over frequently, but as said above just about any area PH can get you in there...Saw more elephant closer to the Save river (Mkwasine being a smaller river that feeds into it) but it depends upon time of year.
I’m out on the mambas, but I’ve been intrigued by Save valley.
 
I’m out on the mambas, but I’ve been intrigued by Save valley.
lol You'll see them in every S. African country while hunting...in the Save, they behaved...were always in (or slithered into) pits dug along brushy, shady riverbanks (poss abandoned hog holes). We'd just peer in from the top and admire them. Never an issue out on the beaten paths...(Adders like to bury themselves in sand tracks in Namib! 'Have nearly stepped on 2 of 'em there.) Cobras always seem to peer out at you from rocks (Kopjes, piles of boulders, etc.) or even slither into your (cool) hut in the heat of day IF you leave the door opened...
 
If I remember correctly, the Savé is approximately 750,000 acres, comprised of eight or nine adjoining properties. The biggest ones are Humani/Guy Whittal and Mokore/The Duckworths. Sango is one of the finest operations within the conservancy. Hammond is fairly small, only about 30,000 acres but a number of my friends think it might have the best buffalo hunting.

I believe I have a digital map of the conservancy and will try to post it. I’m hunting with Alan Vincent on Hammond in May, on a 2x1 buffalo hunt. I’ll only be looking for an old buffalo while my 81 year old buddy will be looking for a good buffalo, Kudu, Eland and whatever else strikes his fancy.
Forgive me for correcting you, but I think you're quite mistaken.
Neither Humani nor Mokore are the largest; in fact, both are no more than 20,000 acres each. (As land, they often have hunting agreements with other properties in the Savé Valley Conservancy.)
They are certainly the most famous, but by no means the largest.
Sango is the largest and has approximately 140,000 acres.
The rest of the properties that make up the Savé Valley Conservancy average 30,000 to 35,000 acres.
And the smallest is Nyangambe, with approximately 6,200 acres.
 
Forgive me for correcting you, but I think you're quite mistaken.
Neither Humani nor Mokore are the largest; in fact, both are no more than 20,000 acres each. (As land, they often have hunting agreements with other properties in the Savé Valley Conservancy.)
They are certainly the most famous, but by no means the largest.
Sango is the largest and has approximately 140,000 acres.
The rest of the properties that make up the Savé Valley Conservancy average 30,000 to 35,000 acres.
And the smallest is Nyangambe, with approximately 6,200 acres.
Yes, you’re correct. You missed my post where I noted I was mistaken and that Sango is the largest property. I think most of them have pretty special hunting.
 
lol You'll see them in every S. African country while hunting...in the Save, they behaved...were always in (or slithered into) pits dug along brushy, shady riverbanks (poss abandoned hog holes). We'd just peer in from the top and admire them. Never an issue out on the beaten paths...(Adders like to bury themselves in sand tracks in Namib! 'Have nearly stepped on 2 of 'em there.) Cobras always seem to peer out at you from rocks (Kopjes, piles of boulders, etc.) or even slither into your (cool) hut in the heat of day IF you leave the door opened...
I have yet to be in a situation to deal with poisonous snakes. I’m not a fan of snakes in general. I’m sure it is something that you get used to and just be cautious.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,849
Members
169,440
Latest member
HarryUnzu
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top