Sako AV in 9.3x62

eswan68587

AH member
Joined
Jan 5, 2025
Messages
37
Reaction score
37
Location
Dallas, Texas
Member of
SCI, DSC, WSF, APHA (Supporter), Custodians (Supporter)
Hunted
RSA, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Zambia, Uganda, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Chad, Cameroon, Ethopia, Tanzania
Good afternoon folks. I am listing this Sako AV in 9.3x62. I bought this rifle second hand over a decade ago, and it has sat in the vault since. I have never fired it. This rifle is in excellent condition, but has a handful (less than five) of minor cosmetic issues on the stock. The metal and wood are in stunning shape for a rifle made 35+ years ago. I don't see many signs of use. The bore looks perfect to me. Here are the specs I have been able to piece together by researching the serial number:

-Sako AV Hunter in 9.3x62
-Serial Number 608554
-Made between 1985-1987
-One-piece bottom metal/trigger guard
-Barrel length is approximately 23"
-Nice, glossy stock with Decelerator recoil pad
-Scope mounts as shown. I believe these are factory Sako scope mounts based on the markings, but am not 100% sure.

I am happy to take specific pictures for interested parties, and I am happy to meet in person in Dallas. I am easily accessible by phone, and have local references at Jackson Armory and Double Gun Imports (Heym). $1,900 shipped in the lower 48. I will ship via UPS in a hard plastic case inside a cardboard box. I will only ship to an FFL, and that FFL must accept transfers from non-FFL shippers. I will include a copy of my valid driver's license in the box for your FFL. Thanks for looking, and please let me know if you have any questions. - Eric
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1503.JPEG
    IMG_1503.JPEG
    754 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1504.JPEG
    IMG_1504.JPEG
    724.6 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1506.JPEG
    IMG_1506.JPEG
    783 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1507.JPEG
    IMG_1507.JPEG
    830.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1508.JPEG
    IMG_1508.JPEG
    929.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1509.JPEG
    IMG_1509.JPEG
    739.3 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1510.JPEG
    IMG_1510.JPEG
    731.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1511.JPEG
    IMG_1511.JPEG
    685.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1512.JPEG
    IMG_1512.JPEG
    846 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1513.JPEG
    IMG_1513.JPEG
    102.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1514.JPEG
    IMG_1514.JPEG
    779.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1515.JPEG
    IMG_1515.JPEG
    983.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1516.JPEG
    IMG_1516.JPEG
    774.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1517.JPEG
    IMG_1517.JPEG
    733.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1518.JPEG
    IMG_1518.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1519.JPEG
    IMG_1519.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 184
Beautiful rifle.
 
Those are Talley bases, I have a set on my 338 Sako 75. Great bases on a great rifle.
Paul
 
Price drop. How about $1,700 shipped UPS ground in the lower 48? Thanks!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,267
Messages
1,571,071
Members
169,251
Latest member
EdwardoMee
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top