Sako A7

CBH Australia

AH legend
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
4,695
Reaction score
10,350
Location
NSW Australia
Media
21
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
Hi,
I’m keen to purchase a .300wm to replace the Ruger I sold. I have leads on a couple of Tikkas but also found a Sako A7 I now .300wm, seems it’s for sale as the owner didnt like the recoil.
I have ammo, components so it’s .300wm I want
It’s i will buy a Tikka but keen to hear what others say about the A7
 
I have a Sako A7 roughtech. I really like it and shoots great. I HAD a Tikka T3 lite in 30:06. That gun would kick the snot out of you!!
 
One thing about Tikka and Sako in .30/06 and .300 mag I don’t like: 1-11” rifling twist verses 1-10”. I don’t know if that would ever make a difference but would have some concern with heavy mono-metal bullets or some heavy, long, high BC bullets stabilizing.
 
I have a Tikka A7 Roughtech in 7mm Rem Mag. It is a fantastically accurate rifle. Shoots any bullet I care to put through it into 1MOA and many under 3/4" out to 600yards. Personal best group is about .389 inches for 5 at 100. I can't speak to meigsbucks comment above, as mine is a 7mmMag, but, I wouldn't hesitate to but another A7 in any caliber I desired.
 
I owned one in 30-06. Mine would throw the spent brass up into the bottom of my scope. Supposedly if you put medium rings on them it fixes it but I ended up trading it. Shot well though
 
Have a CZ 550 300 win mag with scope going up on the block for $900...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,383
Messages
1,574,712
Members
170,147
Latest member
mosbetpk
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top