AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Safari Club International has great news! We are finalizing arrangements to hold the 2020 Annual Hunters' Convention February 5-8 in Reno, Nevada, rather than the previously scheduled dates of January 15-18.

"I want our members and those interested in attending the 2020 SCI Convention to know we have worked to address the various concerns expressed by both members and exhibitors following the 2019 Convention," said SCI President Paul Babaz. "All of us at SCI value each and every exhibitor and attendee to our Convention, because they are the ones who help make the annual Hunters' Convention the success that it has been through the years."

The new dates will help address concerns expressed by both members and exhibitors following the 2019 SCI Hunters' Convention. The concerns included the following.
  • Alleviate key exhibitor logistical issues due to conflicting show dates.
  • Lower planning stress of exhibiting companies attending multiple conventions.
  • 2020 dates are now February 5-8, 2020 while 2021 dates are January 27-30, 2021. SCI will negotiate future convention dates beyond 2022 based on these preferred traditional dates.
  • Eliminate issues that plagued the 2019 convention, which included: too close to holidays, conflict with dates with other shows and logistic issues.
"We look forward to holding the 2020 SCI Convention on the more traditional dates for SCI in early February." said Babaz. "We encourage members and those interested in coming to the Convention to hold the new dates on their calendars. It promises to be a great event."

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

Not so sure that will change attendance .....same venue , same possibe weather issues . Too close to the hoidays brought DSC 10 000 extra attendees ..... There are also a lot of exibitors who already made their travel reservations .... I guess only time will tell but I am not sure this will have any better outcome than this year .....

Thanks for sharing the info.

Well, addressed my reasons for not attending being that I work in the industry and my January disappears into the other shows. I'll be able to attend next year.

Can someone from SCI tell me....Why SCI doesn't h their convention in a more central U.S. location like St Louis, Missouri or Little Rock, Arkansas?

Or have 2 conversation: 1 east and 1 west of the Mississippi River?

For me Reno had difficult flights and somewhat pricey. Phoneix would be a good sight cheap to fly there from Kansas City.

February 3-6, 2021 are the new dates for Las Vegas for next year.

Can someone from SCI tell me....Why SCI doesn't h their convention in a more central U.S. location like St Louis, Missouri or Little Rock, Arkansas?

Obviously I am not from SCI but the Las Vegas Conventions are always the best attended due to all the other Vegas attractions. Easier to get the wife to go to LV than St. Louis!

I believe that SCI will have a Nashville show, but I don’t remember the year. I will have to look it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois