Safari Club International To Move Dates Of 2020 SCI Convention

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by AfricaHunting.com, Apr 2, 2019.

1. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com AH ENABLER FOUNDER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Safari Club International has great news! We are finalizing arrangements to hold the 2020 Annual Hunters' Convention February 5-8 in Reno, Nevada, rather than the previously scheduled dates of January 15-18.

"I want our members and those interested in attending the 2020 SCI Convention to know we have worked to address the various concerns expressed by both members and exhibitors following the 2019 Convention," said SCI President Paul Babaz. "All of us at SCI value each and every exhibitor and attendee to our Convention, because they are the ones who help make the annual Hunters' Convention the success that it has been through the years."

The new dates will help address concerns expressed by both members and exhibitors following the 2019 SCI Hunters' Convention. The concerns included the following.
    • Alleviate key exhibitor logistical issues due to conflicting show dates.
    • Lower planning stress of exhibiting companies attending multiple conventions.
    • 2020 dates are now February 5-8, 2020 while 2021 dates are January 27-30, 2021. SCI will negotiate future convention dates beyond 2022 based on these preferred traditional dates.
    • Eliminate issues that plagued the 2019 convention, which included: too close to holidays, conflict with dates with other shows and logistic issues.
    "We look forward to holding the 2020 SCI Convention on the more traditional dates for SCI in early February." said Babaz. "We encourage members and those interested in coming to the Convention to hold the new dates on their calendars. It promises to be a great event."

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

2. SafariA

SafariA AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Not so sure that will change attendance .....same venue , same possibe weather issues . Too close to the hoidays brought DSC 10 000 extra attendees ..... There are also a lot of exibitors who already made their travel reservations .... I guess only time will tell but I am not sure this will have any better outcome than this year .....

New Zealand Safaris likes this.

3. CAustin

CAustin AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    Thanks for sharing the info.

4. TTundra

TTundra AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    RSA (Limpopo), USA , CAN
    Well, addressed my reasons for not attending being that I work in the industry and my January disappears into the other shows. I'll be able to attend next year.

5. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    East Cape, South Africa
    Can someone from SCI tell me....Why SCI doesn't h their convention in a more central U.S. location like St Louis, Missouri or Little Rock, Arkansas?

Or have 2 conversation: 1 east and 1 west of the Mississippi River?

6. lwaters

lwaters BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
    For me Reno had difficult flights and somewhat pricey. Phoneix would be a good sight cheap to fly there from Kansas City.