SAAMI 280 Improved

Nevada Mike

AH legend
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,191
Reaction score
4,777
Location
S.E. Arizona
Media
31
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, So. Dakota, No. Dakota, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Saskatchewan, Old Mexico, British Columbia, Tanzania
I am having a SAAMI standard 280 Improved built. Left Hand Win M70 Classic with 23" Krieger barrel (1-9" twist), Swaro 3 - 9 X 36 on Talley QD rings. Aaron Little is doing the work.

Found some Nosler premium brass locally. Will load 140 gr. and 160 gr. Noslers and Swift AFs.

I have H4831, RL-22, Norma MRP, IMR 7828ssc, and Hybrid 100V powders. What powders do you like for this cartridge?
 
Looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Wish I had one (I don't), but I picked up some H4831sc in case I ever do - based on what a PRS shooter I know likes.

His custom 280 AI is his hunting rifle, not his match gun, btw.
 
Each of those powders would work just fine. For 175gr, I use RL 26, but that is impossible to find, so I tried a couple things and ended up with H1000 working great.

For 160gr, 7828 has never not well for me.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,254
Messages
1,570,749
Members
169,144
Latest member
TajOlds695
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top