SAAMI 280 Improved

Nevada Mike

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, So. Dakota, No. Dakota, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Saskatchewan, Old Mexico, British Columbia, Tanzania
I am having a SAAMI standard 280 Improved built. Left Hand Win M70 Classic with 23" Krieger barrel (1-9" twist), Swaro 3 - 9 X 36 on Talley QD rings. Aaron Little is doing the work.

Found some Nosler premium brass locally. Will load 140 gr. and 160 gr. Noslers and Swift AFs.

I have H4831, RL-22, Norma MRP, IMR 7828ssc, and Hybrid 100V powders. What powders do you like for this cartridge?

Looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Wish I had one (I don't), but I picked up some H4831sc in case I ever do - based on what a PRS shooter I know likes.

His custom 280 AI is his hunting rifle, not his match gun, btw.

Each of those powders would work just fine. For 175gr, I use RL 26, but that is impossible to find, so I tried a couple things and ended up with H1000 working great.

For 160gr, 7828 has never not well for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois