Runner strangles cougar

Not many people can say they strangled a mountain lion to death with their bare hands!
 
I'd be interested to know if it still had blue eyes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
And spots-I thought the same thing.
 
upload_2019-2-8_22-51-8.png


I don’t think it was this guy.
 
Not many people can say they strangled a mountain lion to death with their bare hands!

Similar case: killing a brown bear with bare hands.
News of Bosnia and herzegovina, 2013:

Source:
https://www.24sata.hr/news/hercegovac-48-golim-rukama-ubio-medvjeda-koji-ga-je-napao-316549

Translation:
Blažo Grković (48), from the village of Vrba near Gacko (BiH), bare handed strangled a bear who was attacking him on Friday afternoon while keeping sheep flock on a meadow. In a tough fight, Grković suffered injuries all over his body, and the teeth of the bloodthirsty animal passed through his arms and legs. He ended up in a hospital in Foča and now is out of the danger for life, has reported

As he sat with the sheep, a great bear ran through his sheep flock and went to Grković, who had only a small ax at that moment in his pocket. This man caught up with the animal that had sprung from his arm, but Blažo managed to overcome it. He confirmed that he felt well and that he was not even aware of how he did this, briefly describing the fight "chest to chest". He can not remember how long it took.

"At one point, my one hand was in bear's paw, and I held the other hand on bear throat until it fell down," says Blažo.

His wife Mira, after visiting the hospital, confirmed that Blažo could move, but he had problem moving better with his hands.

"Everything will be fine, it's important that Blažo is alive, and wounds will heal," Mira says, adding to joking that she knew her husband was brave but not stronger than the bear. She points out that the clothes he had on him one can conclude that the fight was terrible.

"All Blažo 's cloths were bloody, and there were pieces of meat on it," Mira said.

After strugling the bear with his hands, Blažo managed to call his boss Bozidar Elez, who called for immediate help.
 
Last edited:
No wonder I didn't get a mountain lion this year.....runners are killing them all. Out of season, no tag.....I'm just sayin'.....one Facebook post and this guy will never become Lt Gov of Virginia.......that's for sure....Hope the Greenies go easy on him..............:D...............FWB
 
I thought for a moment reading the title there had been a terribe case of mistaken identity but thankfully it was just a mountain lion. [emoji33]
ba2411d7aa7544bf6f80c8011bdc219f9cfe27f8816ff0be41d68331d510ba0b.jpeg
 
I'd be interested to know if it still had blue eyes.
And spots-I thought the same thing.
I live just south of where this took place.
This wasn’t a kitten Mountain Lion.
They darted two others and moved them back into the wilderness. He took quite a beating in the attack.
 
It's usually the young ones just starting out that do this kind of attempt to feed itself.

I would not be interested in wrestling with 20 claws and the teeth of a 1 year old.
 
 
Earlier this month, in Colorado, a young mountain lion attacked a lone runner on a trail. This is the video shot by Colorado Parks and Wildlife. This guy's story is pretty impressive, even if the cat was small (~60 lbs). Also impressive (at least to a layman) is the apparent quality of the work done by his doctors.

 
Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 07.53.38.png


Cougar's are efficient killers and the fact the guy did not have bite wounds on the back of his neck made me suspect that it was a very young and hungry Cougar learning how to hunt.
 
Let’s post the whole statement on this.
I don’t think I would like to be attacked by a 35-40 pound cat look for its next meal.

The necropsy performed by Colorado Parks and Wildlife veterinarians in Fort Collins identified the lion as a "kitten'' with a weight of 24 pounds. However, the animal was heavily scavenged and officials estimated the animal's live weight was 35 to 40 pounds. The report listed the animal in "fair condition'' with no diseases noted.
 
Of course the story skipped the details.
As I already said, at no point in time would I like to participate with that cat and all those claws and teeth. I still have scars from a dog attack from a 50 pound guard dog. No repeats required.
 
Last edited:
Let’s post the whole statement on this.
I don’t think I would like to be attacked by a 35-40 pound cat look for its next meal.

The necropsy performed by Colorado Parks and Wildlife veterinarians in Fort Collins identified the lion as a "kitten'' with a weight of 24 pounds. However, the animal was heavily scavenged and officials estimated the animal's live weight was 35 to 40 pounds. The report listed the animal in "fair condition'' with no diseases noted.
Oh I definitely wouldn't like to run across a hungry cat whether it was 150 lbs or 25 lbs. Just saw the follow up and found it interesting.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,407
Members
169,561
Latest member
DPALorene0
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top