Ruger RSM

rsmurray

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have Ruger M77 RSM rifles in 416 Rigby and 375 H&H and they're great shooting rifles. I see the 458's in this model offered occasionally was there any other caliber Ruger made in RSM?

Well you are going to need the Express versions. The baby brothers;)

270 win, 30-06, 7mm rem mag, 300 win mag, 338 win mag. And 5 or 6 were made in 25-06. One couple has 4 of them.

270 win, 30-06, 7mm rem mag, 300 win mag, 338 win mag. And 5 or 6 were made in 25-06. One couple has 4 of them.
You trying to initiate a fire sale?

I just bought a Ruger RSM 375 H&H and was wondering if anyone who has one can say what factory ammo they’ve tested and found shoots well. I’m going to start going through several but thought perhaps others’ learning could save me some time and money. First Africa hunt is for the bigger plains game - have 7 mm mag I’ll also take - and next perhaps Buffalo.

I just bought a Ruger RSM 375 H&H and was wondering if anyone who has one can say what factory ammo they’ve tested and found shoots well. I’m going to start going through several but thought perhaps others’ learning could save me some time and money. First Africa hunt is for the bigger plains game - have 7 mm mag I’ll also take - and next perhaps Buffalo.
Welcome to AH, and Good Hunting in Afrika!!

My RSM in 375 doesn't seem to be fussy at all, it is accurate with everything I have tried, one of my all time favorites this rifle.
Factory Norma loaded with 300 grain Swift A-frames
Factory Hornady 300 grain DGX Bonded
Factory Federal 300 grain Powershok
Factory Winchester 300 grain Nolser Solids
Hand loaded 350 grain Woodleighs
Hand loaded 300 grain Norma Oryx
Hornady 300 grain DGX Bonded again but hand loads
It's taken 7 buffalo, around 10 scrub bulls, countless brumbies and pigs
1675676647968.jpeg

My RSM in 375 doesn't seem to be fussy at all, it is accurate with everything I have tried, one of my all time favorites this rifle.
Factory Norma loaded with 300 grain Swift A-frames
Factory Hornady 300 grain DGX Bonded
Factory Federal 300 grain Powershok
Factory Winchester 300 grain Nolser Solids
Hand loaded 350 grain Woodleighs
Hand loaded 300 grain Norma Oryx
Hornady 300 grain DGX Bonded again but hand loads
It's taken 7 buffalo, around 10 scrub bulls, countless brumbies and pigs
View attachment 515716
Good to know, thanks!

Beautiful stock, is that factory or and upgrade?

image.jpg

I use Barnes factory loads in all of mine and never had an issue. Did someone say “little brothers”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg