Ruger RSM gunsmith

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have a Ruger RSM 416 rigby. It shoots really well, but has some pretty serious feeding issues. It seems that the problem is in the extractor, the round makes it about half way into the chamber and about the point the rim of the case will be moving up it seems to hang up. I think it can be fixed pretty easily by a reputable gunsmith. So my question is who is the go to Ruger gunsmith. There are a ton of rem 700/rem 700 clone Smiths out there but who is the go to for ruger/ controlled round feed type actions to clean up an issue like this?

I have a Ruger RSM 416 rigby. It shoots really well, but has some pretty serious feeding issues. It seems that the problem is in the extractor, the round makes it about half way into the chamber and about the point the rim of the case will be moving up it seems to hang up. I think it can be fixed pretty easily by a reputable gunsmith. So my question is who is the go to Ruger gunsmith. There are a ton of rem 700/rem 700 clone Smiths out there but who is the go to for ruger/ controlled round feed type actions to clean up an issue like this?
Unfortunately my Ruger smith in Alabama, died two years ago of cancer. I suggest you contact @AZDAVE, I believe he will have a name for you. Good Luck.

Awesome. Thanks, I spoke with him a few months ago and I think I still have his number, I'll shoot him a message.

I have worked with John McLaughlin in Montana. Ruger No. 1 custome job and a Dakota 76 that hadfeeding problems. He does good work and his turn-around time is also good. PM me for contact info.

@Backyardsniper Like many the gunsmith that I was using on ruger projects retired and moved to another state.

Sounds like @Nevada Mike has a guy that can help.

Try Randy Selby:

He's working on my RSM as we speak. I've never used him before but I did some research and he has a good reputation. He's a bit of character but there's nothing wrong with that.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 10.12.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 10.12.49 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 10.12.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 10.12.51 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
Definitely nothing wrong with that. I like to B.S. and cut up with the best of them. Sounds like my kind of fella.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!