Ruger M77 Safari Magnum opinions required

Congratulations, it really does look fantastic;) And that is a great DG scope you have on there :)

The only problem I have with mine in 416 Rigby is when feeding the magazine if I don’t place the cartridge right it will jam in the magazine as I’m loading it. It doesn’t happen with my 458 Lott just the Rigby

Do it! I always wanted a 404 Jeffery. Then I missed a 416 Rigby in the RSM platform. As luck would have it a couple of weeks later this came up for sale. Sorry for the order of the pics

can you spot the Flinch :whistle:
IMG_2755.jpg
IMG_2873.jpg
IMG_2874.jpg

Your post got me thinking about a "someday I will" that has been in the back of my mind a while. I've always wanted a Ruger RSM in 458 Lott. So after reading your post, I started hunting the internet gun shops and found one at Cabelas in Wheeling WV. It is described as in new condition with the box and includes the rings and papers. So it's on its way to my local Cabelas and I should have it next week. Thanks for the nudge! Pics are forthcoming.

A friend in the industry believes the Ruger Magnum would be a 4K rifle if built today.
I have no doubt that your friend is right. There is a RSM Rigby with a Leupold VX3 1.75x6 on GB with the opening bid going for $3499 now. Even though we don't know at this time if it will go for that. That is the most I have seen asked for one (not a custom build) even with a nice scope up to this point. We will know if it has a buyer in 2.5 days!

Tell us more about this rifle. RSM, but the wood is different...
What cartridge is it chambered for?
Dan, I have seen this rifle somewhere in the last few months, I believe for sale on GB. It had been restocked w/o any checkering. Don't remember why or if there was any other custom work done to the rifle. Kinda looks naked without any checkering on the pistol grip and forearm! If I were having a 1990 model restocked, I believe I would have to have the barrel ring placed forward also, which would have to include temporarily removing the front sight and a reblue...but that's just me! I'm funny about RSMs like that!

...but that's just me! I'm funny about RSMs like that!
Yeah, us RSM snobs are funny like that! :E Rofl:
Did you find a home for “our” RSM yet? That is a beautiful gun.

No, at this time, just took it to a range to conduct a function check and cleaned it. It is now in storage with a big brother .416. The .416 I now have for sale is my original RSM I bought 4 years ago. Just finished two half day shoots with the .404 RSM practicing for my S.A. hunt in six weeks.

Congratulations on your new rifle. Seems like its had the stock slimmed down. looking good.
Do you mind posting some photos of the underside of the gun.

Taking of RSM's this is one I missed by about one hour before it was sold to someone.. Never seen one with such nice wood... They were asking around $2000 from what I recall.
A real sweet looking RSM! Would have gotten along well with its bigger brother sitting in the safe.

Posting a photo here for all of you to drool over.... Why should I suffer alone? Drool all you like or cry along with me.!!

RSM 414 Rig .jpg

Tell us more about this rifle. RSM, but the wood is different...
What cartridge is it chambered for?

It is chambered in 416 Rigby. I didn't to the stock upgrade it was how it was when I purchased the rifle. I believe its a custom Circassian Walnut stock. I do intended to have it checkered some feed work done to it as well as change the bolt. I would love to put a swaro Z6 1-6x24 EE but thats a LOONG way off!

Dan, I have seen this rifle somewhere in the last few months, I believe for sale on GB.

Hey Sierra One- I doubt that I'm based In Western Australia! :ROFLMAO: Could have seen it on AH- I think I'veposted a pic previously (y)

Kinda looks naked without any checkering on the pistol grip and forearm! If I were having a 1990 model restocked, I believe I would have to have the barrel ring placed forward also, which would have to include temporarily removing the front sight and a reblue...but that's just me! I'm funny about RSMs like that!

I do agree about the checkering and Barrel ring put forward. Didn't think of the Re-blueing but might have to now. Ive always liked this one ruger_416_rigby.html

Hey Sierra One- I doubt that I'm based In Western Australia! :ROFLMAO: Could have seen it on AH- I think I'veposted a pic previously (y)

I do agree about the checkering and Barrel ring put forward. Didn't think of the Re-blueing but might have to now. Ive always liked this one ruger_416_rigby.html
Hi Wanderer, If I ever run across it again, I'll try to determine where it is. Thanks for the info!

No, at this time, just took it to a range to conduct a function check and cleaned it. It is now in storage with a big brother .416. The .416 I now have for sale is my original RSM I bought 4 years ago. Just finished two half day shoots with the .404 RSM practicing for my S.A. hunt in six weeks.
Awesome! The clock is ticking brother, just very slooowly :D
I leave for Zim in about 8 weeks, so you will probably be heading home about the time I’m shipping out.

eu acabei de comprar um Ruger M77 416 Rigby, nos EUA, deve chegar no Brasil ate o final do ano, pretendo caçar hippo ou elefante com ele

Sold that RSM last week to a member in Colorado.

Sold that RSM last week to a member in Colorado.
Excellent, she was a beauty!
My .375 RSM is going to Mozambique with me in a few months, God willing and the crick don’t rise :giggle:
A-Frames and Solids printing beautiful groups at same POI. I love that rifle.

They upgraded that one, by giving it a weight loss regimen.

Nice rifle, never seen one slimmed down like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg