Ruger 458 Win Mag

Dogman

AH member
Reaction score
For sale - Absolutely beautiful old school Ruger M77 458 win mag rifle. Deep reflective bluing and a stunning high grain factory wood stock with the red pad. Sitting in my safe and I’m moving on from some guns that just sit and don’t get shot. The only bad is the floor plate itself seems a little loose. Not the hinge or the bottom metal or trigger guard. Just the floor plate. Everything else is beautiful. Please PM me your email for pics asap. Shipped FFL to FFL
$1800 plus shipping. Sold As is. No returns or refunds.
Thank you

218C47F2-54BC-45AB-B5A8-F2BBAF2B09F3.jpeg
2D7112B2-19E4-47B6-A065-366FC529C22B.jpeg
AE1A1593-2C6E-47A1-BF6C-CE1005790709.jpeg
B61CF825-F0D4-4920-AB58-4E2EB1CE652E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
For sale - Absolutely beautiful old school Ruger M77 458 win mag rifle. Deep reflective bluing and a stunning high grain factory wood stock with the red pad. Sitting in my safe and I’m moving on from some guns that just sit and don’t get shot. The only bad is the floor plate itself seems a little loose. Not the hinge or the bottom metal or trigger guard. Just the floor plate. Everything else is beautiful. Please PM me your email for pics asap. Shipped FFL to FFL
$1800 plus shipping. Sold As is. No returns or refunds.
Thank you

View attachment 528534View attachment 528535View attachment 528536View attachment 528537
Very nice 77!

Looks like the very rare chameleon model

Different stocks, looks like two different rear sights, different bolts, and different locations of sling studs and why: "Please PM me your email for pics asap."?

Makes me ask:
Which rifle is for sale?
Why PM for pics,
why not post more pics of the rifle for sale?

Snowball is right about must be a different rifle in the third photo.

Last edited:
I just looked up a precious post. The 3rd picture looks like the Ruger M77 in 223 (minus the bipod) Dogman had for sale on Dec 8 2022.

Last edited:
hmmm,

and no rebuttal on these discrepancies from the seller yet? Methinks that there is a iffy deal going here.

@Dogman you got some splainin to do

The rifle in pic number three is a mark two the other three pics are a tang safety model Ruger…… also the mark two rifles made in large African calibers had a blue bolt handle anyway. You may not think anyone is crazy but you for sure think we are stupid.

Guys. Relax. I mixed up the photos from my 223 African model

Also I got no notifications and I just got home from work to check posts. It’s an honest mistake and I cannot edit the post!

In Dogman's Dec 8, 2022 OP: Ruger M77 223 for sale; a long time member here on AH remarked he has done business with the OP....(and) he is good to go.

So while waiting for Dogman to reply and post more pics, I'll give him a very wee bit of leeway as it may have been an oversight on his part that the picture of the 223 was mistakenly uploaded into this OP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KayleighFa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you