Ruger .416 Rigby For Sale

I just spoke with the most knowledgeable, firearm retailer I know. he’s the largest Ruger retailer in the world and the largest firearms retailer in the Midwest.
He said the market is very tough right now. You can’t give away a gun store right now (one with primary sales in firearms and ammo)
unless you have cash to purchase it. no national bank is loaning you the money to buy a gun store.

Many large banks are sending your firearm credit card purchases to the ATF and FBI. They are definitely not loaning money to help the firearm industry.

Many large retailers are sitting on piles of guns. This drives the price down because they won’t purchase unless it’s an absolute steal. the market is flooded.
Now that is the overall picture. I can’t say if that has impacted this niche market. Or if it’s seasonal. But AR’ AK’s the largest portion of the market is dead.

I just spoke with the most knowledgeable, firearm retailer I know. he’s the largest Ruger retailer in the world and the largest firearms retailer in the Midwest.
He said the market is very tough right now. You can’t give away a gun store right now (one with primary sales in firearms and ammo)
unless you have cash to purchase it. no national bank is loaning you the money to buy a gun store.

Many large banks are sending your firearm credit card purchases to the ATF and FBI. They are definitely not loaning money to help the firearm industry.

Many large retailers are sitting on piles of guns. This drives the price down because they won’t purchase unless it’s an absolute steal. the market is flooded.
Now that is the overall picture. I can’t say if that has impacted this niche market. Or if it’s seasonal. But AR’ AK’s the largest portion of the market is dead.
I am somewhat confused. You are wanting to buy a single Ruger .416 Rigby or an entire gun shop?

No sir just trying to throw up a possible explanation of why the entire firearm market has slowed. As in any commodity there are always certain models or examples that are outside the normal market people that can afford a $200,000 Rigby don’t care that A.R. 15’s are not selling.

Which makes it a buyers market. plus as the government constricts its grip on private/personal, firearm sales. It’s not gonna get any easier in the future for us to sell directly.
So this is a great time to be buying firearms directly from the seller

No sir just trying to throw up a possible explanation of why the entire firearm market has slowed. As in any commodity there are always certain models or examples that are outside the normal market people that can afford a $200,000 Rigby don’t care that A.R. 15’s are not selling.

Which makes it a buyers market. plus as the government constricts its grip on private/personal, firearm sales. It’s not gonna get any easier in the future for us to sell directly.
So this is a great time to be buying firearms directly from the seller
Not true. I just sold 2 Ruger rsm 416's in the last 30 days. Yes money is tight. That is the reson. People who want it are buying. May be guns under 1.5k are having problems as they fall in different buyers market. Hunters who go overseas to hunt are not broke .
Krish

Yeah, that was my point Krish, some of these rifles are going to sell no matter what

cheap Ar’s and AK’s market is pretty stagnant

OK bud I can't figure out what it is you want to do. ARs and AKs are a time a dozen in my part of the country, from $800-$900 to $2500. I've never had any interest in any of them and never have had. I have never seen a $200,000 Rigby even though I have been to most of the British gun shops, including John Rigby. So I am going to have to bow out of this conversation and wish you the best.

Sorry for the confusion, I was responding to these two posts I copied below.
And I exaggerated the opposite ends of the spectrum. $200k Rigby and $ 600 Ar markets. Sorry for adding in the unnecessary details on a for sale post. I assure you it will never happen again. Have a good day.

I am surprised it is not sold yet. Is money getting that tight. Or is it because of Thanks giving and Christmas.
Krish

From Woodsman, Money is really tight in the used rifle market right now.

Many large retailers are sitting on piles of guns. This drives the price down because they won’t purchase unless it’s an absolute steal. the market is flootded.
Interesting however, .. "It's" not good.

It'll sell, imho.

Not true. I just sold 2 Ruger rsm 416's in the last 30 days. Yes money is tight. That is the reson. People who want it are buying. May be guns under 1.5k are having problems as they fall in different buyers market. Hunters who go overseas to hunt are not broke .
Krish
Now hold on Krish, I buy expensive guns and travel overseas to hunt and that is why I am CONSTANTLY BROKE!!!

Congrats to the seller & buyer! Amazing the resources on this forum. If anyone is still interested in a similar rifle, I have it’s twin for sale in the classifieds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerrickHol

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!