Ruger .375 Ruger

poprivit

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
WTS Ruger #1 375 Ruger in SW Florida

Ruger K1-S-BBZ Stainless Sporter Laminate, 22 inch bbl., Leupold VX-III 1.5-5, Limbsaver recoil pad. Excellent condition. Box, lock, empty shell, papers. Used only once on an African Safari. If you are a hunter, I will send you the files of the animals taken.

The action on Ruger No. 1 rifles is called a “falling block” action. After you throw the cartridge down into the chamber, the lever action moves a steel block up and behind the cartridge to hold it in place.

I will include 40 rounds of 270 grain Hornady, and 10 300 grain Hornady Superformance ammunition. Buyer pays shipping to their FFL.
L1010538.JPG
P7230011.JPG
P7230018.JPG

poprivit

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Ooops, the last line got cut off.

Price - $1200 for everything.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Poprivit it's a nice rifle for sure! How much without the scope?

poprivit

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
CAustin - hadn't thought about that, but I'll take $950 for just the rifle. Cashiers check, personal check, 5 gallon jar full of pennies and honey. Wellll, maybe not the last one. Shipping cost by ZIP. I'm at 33948.

Rifle works just like Ruger meant it to. Hartman's zebra May, 2015
L1010425.JPG

Attachments

• L1010425.JPG
    L1010425.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 124

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Signman that's a nice rifle. I have it in 300 win mag and 458 Lott but the 458 is blued not stainless. Would love to have it myself?

poprivit

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Ruger isn't going to make any more of these, so I am going to put it in the safe and keep it. Good luck on finding one. The 375 Ruger is one 'ell of a cartridge. Gave the zebra shown above an instant dirt nap.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
I don't blame you Poprivit! It is a classic rifle. Like you say they are not making them right now!

Signman216

Reaction score
I guess except for the fact he put it up for sale and then backed out, his call I guess but dont say much for site or person

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
He did list in July, can't blame him now, it is always hard to let one go.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Well if you don't like the fact that someone changed his mind about selling a rifle you will face a lot of disappointment sir. It's not uncommon for a person to do just that. By the way a persons choice has nothing to do with the site. And as noted in the previous post the thread started months ago!

bassasdaindia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I guess except for the fact he put it up for sale and then backed out, his call I guess but dont say much for site or person

@Signman216 you join us here a few days ago , and then proceed to knock AH , the site .

you just made a fool of yourself, and bye the way welcome to AH

Art Lambart II

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI, QDMA
Hunted
MI, TX, MO, South Africa Limpopo & Northwest Provinces
I couldn't agree with Charlie more, that is a fine rifle and I'd love to have it. If I would have seen this post in July I certainly have made you an offer.

Bruce

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAGA/ Cape Hunters/ SA Hunters Association
Hunted
Namibia/Zimbabwe/Zambia/ South Africa/ Botswana/ Tanzania
NOT good to come in and immediately start chirping against the AH site..

tarbe

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Signman 216 - how about we start over fresh?

Welcome to AH.

375 H&H rifles come up for sale regularly. Keep your eyes peeled and I'm sure you will get another chance.

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the site and will contribute.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donny52268

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.