Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zambia
I was watching TPWD TV show and saw this. @gizmo: Rocking G is the first video in the show.

Screenshot (140).png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool project.

Pretty cool!

You can see the Rocking G lodge in the background as they release that buck.

I knew about the study, but didn't realize they had done a show on it.

So cool to see familiar country! And great to see Mr. Procter! But they needed the expert mule deer catchers of @gizmo and Ragman to catch one in the hog traps! Lol.

Thanks for the post. We were hoping to be able to continue the study at my place for another two years but funding became an issue. We got three really good years of data and learned a ton which will help us manage our deer better moving forward. TPWD pulled off of me and moved down to the Trans Pecos for two years which will complete the project. I can’t wait to compare the data and see if we can learn more so we can do a better job of managing our deer populations.
Now I’d like to push for a Whitetail study also up here in The panhandle. All of the state research has been done on Whitetail in south Texas which doesn’t always apply to us as the deer and habitat/nutrition is completely different up here.
It’s just really unfortunate that our funding for these projects keeps getting cut. I feel the money is much better spent on projects like this that insures the future of our wildlife as opposed to some government handout entitlement crap.

So cool to see familiar country! And great to see Mr. Procter! But they needed the expert mule deer catchers of @gizmo and Ragman to catch one in the hog traps! Lol.
Lol, we are pretty efficient

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois