Rising Block DR in action videos

Very interesting, thanks for posting.

Impressive craftsmanship! Congratulations for a beautiful piece and some clever engineering. It seems that with this breech system, a double could hardly ever get off the face, right?

Impressive craftsmanship! Congratulations for a beautiful piece and some clever engineering. It seems that with this breech system, a double could hardly ever get off the face, right?
Correct, there would have to be considerable wear for that to happen.

Have you made any rising block rifles in cartridges such as 300 Flanged, 8x57 Rimmed or 9.3x74R?

Thanks as always for posting up here. I really like your design and your work!

Have you made any rising block rifles in cartridges such as 300 Flanged, 8x57 Rimmed or 9.3x74R?

Thanks as always for posting up here. I really like your design and your work!

Thank you. I enjoy this forum.
I am building a rising block double in 30R blaser right now. I have a 9.3X74R coming up next.

Here is a picture of the 30R blaser

Attachments

• 30r blaser rbdr_zpszwetaot3.jpg
    30r blaser rbdr_zpszwetaot3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
I am building a rising block double in 30R blaser right now. I have a 9.3X74R coming up next.

What is the weight of this rifle?

Oh man. Just when I thought I was over the gun loon thing. :A Banana Sad:

Oh man. Just when I thought I was over the gun loon thing. :A Banana Sad:

@tarbe Once a gun loon always a gun loon. It is a curse or blessing depending on your point of view. For me it is a blessing.

@Bailey Bradshaw I really like the action and the ability to interchange barrels. You do good work and thank you for posting here.
the 9.3x74 is one of my favourite rounds. I also think that a 7x57R and 450/400 set would be a wonderful pairing.

My my. What a magnificent double barrel rifle . May l ask what's the largest calibre you make these in ? .600 Nitro Express calibre ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg